1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Text messaging crashes and I loose my messages

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by rkoener, Dec 1, 2009.

1. rkoener

rkoener New Member

Twice now, my text messaging has crashed and I have lost all of my text messages. I get some error message, which I didn't write down, then it restarts messaging. Only now there are no messages in my history. Any thoughts?
  2. rkoener

rkoener New Member

speech to text
    power manager
    locale
    anitvirus
    MixZing lite
    My Coupons
    Sports Tap
    Advanced Task Killer
    Where
    Advanced Task Manager
    barcode scanner
    bubble
    pandora
    shazam
    backgrounds
    documents to go
    fartdroid
    I music
    Jewels
    mabilo ringtones
    missed call
    open table
    poke a mole
    Labyrinth lite
    quagmire soundboard
    screen crack
    step brothers soundboard
    The big lebowski soundboard
    the weather channel

Wow, I didn't realize I had so many until I started listing them.
  3. rkoener

rkoener New Member

Bump.

Anyone help with this today?
  4. DroidGurl

DroidGurl New Member

I get a lot of "forced close" messages on mine. Others have reported the same, am hoping there will be a fix soon.

I noticed more issues the more apps I installed so I uninstalled pretty much everything and am trying to take installs slowly and note any differences in performance. I've seen users go back and forth on ATK. I had a lot of issues with it installed, probably due to the fact that I really didn't know what I was doing and closed most everything. Anyway, I uninstalled and a lot of my email issues went away. Not sure if it had an impact on SMS, I am considering Handcent myself to see if that helps with the force close messages.
  5. JESSLYMK

JESSLYMK New Member

For the force close message I found that it is when one of my message threads is above limit. I solved this by either deleting the thread or going to the settings under messages and changing the limit to a higher setting I have mine set for 300 messages 50 data. I have not had the problem since. But I also have not reached those limits.
  6. jaysonstaurt

jaysonstaurt New Member

I'm pretty sure this is a common issue that hopefully gets fixed in the near future.
  7. JayMonster

JayMonster New Member

I would really like to know how many people that are having this issue have Advanced Task Killer installed. It is only a theory, but I suspect that forcing closed apps that shouldn't be could have an adverse effect on the underlying data structures of apps like the Messenger.

I have read problems caused by ATK, and since Android does a decent job of handling tasks on its own, I allow it to do its own thing. With underpowered phones like the G1, I could almost understand it, but the Droid is fast and smooth enough to handle this all on its own.
  8. jaysonstaurt

jaysonstaurt New Member

I've had it since day 1. It's completely random and I have no idea what causes it. But the Verizon rep did show me a bulletin they received stating it's a known issue.
  9. JayMonster

JayMonster New Member

@jaysonstaurt I am not doubting you and others that say it happens. But with a G1 for about a year, and a Droid since day 1, I have had no problems. Am I lucky? Possibly. But there is some reason that some are seeing it more than others, and that is where I am wondering what effect ATK has.
Search tags for this page
android message app crashed and all messages lost

my galaxy s4 is crashing whenever i try to open text message

my phone crashed and i lost my text messages
phone crashed how to retrieve text messages
phone crashed lost text message
sprint. galaxy 2 phones that crash and loose text messages