i installed Ics 4.0.4 Update (6.16.203) and I am loving it!!!

Exalted911

Reaction score
Ok first of all I don't recommend installing it because you will be taken off the OTA path.
I have 2 razr so I decided to take the plunge today and I installed the latest build.
I figured if there is no way back to get on the OTA path then I can always trade my phone with my daughter and give her this one.
first impressions is that its stable as a rock. I have had zero issues with it so far, I had a small problem with YouTube not loading videos and crashing but after a quick cache wipe the problem was solved.
everything seems to runs much smoother. you also get Facebook colors and all apps and games seem to be running great. this includes temple run and cut the rope. 2 apps that were having issues before.
Also Webtop is out of beta on this build as well as it being 4.04 not 4.03.
battery seems about the same as in build 181 and 3g 4g seems to switch faster between the 2.
this might very well be the final build for ICS. so we could finally see ICS later this month. I think if verizon releases this build thru OTA people are going to be very happy with it.
Ill keep you posted if I find any bugs but so far its running great!!.
PS I forgot to mention that flash works the same as gingerbread with this ver.

NZRocketman

Reaction score
I upgrade to the T-mobile Android 4.04 and loving it too. fully rooted and stable. Battery seem better than my 2.3.6

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
I wonder what Verizon warranty center would do if I put 4.0.4 on my phone I need to return after I get my next replacement phone tomorrow.

poncedeleon

Reaction score
I wonder what Verizon warranty center would do if I put 4.0.4 on my phone I need to return after I get my next replacement phone tomorrow.

As far as I know, nothing. A guy on verizon support said he rooted his phone himself. When I was at the verizon store and the guy was doing something on my old rooted dinc 2 with cm7 on it, he noticed the different boot up screen and gave it a wierd look but said nothing.

cmorty72

Reaction score
With all of the phones that I've rooted (D1, D2, DX, DX2, DC) and brought by Verizon for tech issues, I never had an issue whatsoever. As a matter of fact, I got complimented a couple of times for the roms that I was running.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
As far as I know, nothing. A guy on verizon support said he rooted his phone himself. When I was at the verizon store and the guy was doing something on my old rooted dinc 2 with cm7 on it, he noticed the different boot up screen and gave it a wierd look but said nothing.

With all of the phones that I've rooted (D1, D2, DX, DX2, DC) and brought by Verizon for tech issues, I never had an issue whatsoever. As a matter of fact, I got complimented a couple of times for the roms that I was running.

I will say here that since rooting and flashing of ROMs other than Verizon/Motorola approved and signed ROMs is a violation of your warranty with Motorola and also a violation of the terms of agreement you signed with Verizon, they reserve the right to either charge you for the replacement as a repair or deny coverage under warranty and send back the phone. I can say from information provided by others that they have sent phones back and refused to replace them.

YRMV

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 using Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
I will say here that since rooting and flashing of ROMs other than Verizon/Motorola approved and signed ROMs is a violation of your warranty with Motorola and also a violation of the terms of agreement you signed with Verizon, they reserve the right to either charge you for the replacement as a repair or deny coverage under warranty and send back the phone. I can say from information provided by others that they have sent phones back and refused to replace them.

YRMV

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 using Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

That's exactly what I'd be worried about, even though the phone is or was defective prior to flashing they might charge me for my replacement since the phone I'll be sending back had been tampered with. I wonder if they'd still send back the fire hazard this phone currently has become(it has a swelling battery). I'm really itching to see how the new webtop and radios work, but I'm not about to flash something I'd be stuck on and be off OTA path.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
That's exactly what I'd be worried about, even though the phone is or was defective prior to flashing they might charge me for my replacement since the phone I'll be sending back had been tampered with. I wonder if they'd still send back the fire hazard this phone currently has become(it has a swelling battery). I'm really itching to see how the new webtop and radios work, but I'm not about to flash something I'd be stuck on and be off OTA path.

I always say, err on the side of caution. As for them sending back a phone with a swelled battery, they might be prevented from doing so as it would be considered a potential liability. They might in that case simply charge you for the repair, but who knows. Anyway, I wouldn't take the chance either way.

210droid

Reaction score
I had pics from on the DX quite a while back; SBF'd it and they didn't say anything to me. Just my 2 ¢.
Things may have changed

xXxrazrBlackWidowICS36

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
The old saying, "your results may vary" is what I'll say.

Reaction score
Ok first of all I don't recommend installing it because you will be taken off the OTA path.
I have 2 razr so I decided to take the plunge today and I installed the latest build.
I figured if there is no way back to get on the OTA path then I can always trade my phone with my daughter and give her this one.
first impressions is that its stable as a rock. I have had zero issues with it so far, I had a small problem with YouTube not loading videos and crashing but after a quick cache wipe the problem was solved.
everything seems to runs much smoother. you also get Facebook colors and all apps and games seem to be running great. this includes temple run and cut the rope. 2 apps that were having issues before.
Also Webtop is out of beta on this build as well as it being 4.04 not 4.03.
battery seems about the same as in build 181 and 3g 4g seems to switch faster between the 2.
this might very well be the final build for ICS. so we could finally see ICS later this month. I think if verizon releases this build thru OTA people are going to be very happy with it.
Ill keep you posted if I find any bugs but so far its running great!!.
PS I forgot to mention that flash works the same as gingerbread with this ver.

Just so you know, the newest version is 6.16.204 (4.0.4).... :) it looks like it was leaked just yesterday.

OP
Exalted911

Exalted911

Reaction score
TeNo 204 was just to check 203's file integrity. It offered nothing new.