Brutal clarification for the hopeful/patient 2.3.6 users...

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
The info in that quote is wrong... Verizon never had it on their servers it was a MOTO server that was exploited that the ICS leak came from. My guess is VZW hasn't even tested and approved it yet.
Another possibility is you need to be on the update that is currently in soak test and coming out in order to update to ICS properly the people that loaded the leak may have issues that they haven't discovered yet. Why do you think everyone who is loading the leak is told they need to be on a certain build before flashing the leak? Because certain information/files/permissions are used to allow the update to work 100% properly.

I think that's what confuses people. Motorola cranks out new builds quite often. The thing is, only a fractional number of the builds that are compiled ever actually make it to Verizon for testing. Most don't even make it outside of Motorola. Some builds are badly broken, others are to test one specific fix.

What people fail to realize is everytime the source is compiled, it results in a new build. I firmly believe that the appearance of a build on the "Cheesecake" servers has nothing to do with how far along it is in testing. Just that it made it far enough through Motorola's testing that they are testing OTA functionality. Think of it this way: If I have an OS which I compile with build number 1.0.0.0; and I notice the word "Menu" is misspelled. I recompile to fix just that one little issue. The resulting build is no longer 1.0.0.0; it would need to be incremented (i.e. 1.0.0.1)

In other words, just because this build in on MOTOROLA'S servers, doesn't necessarily mean that VZW has even seen it, yet. Once VZW gets ahold of it, they need to put it through their multiple stage testing process.

I believe that the GSM models actually have solid release dates simply because Motorola handles the updates for those phones, rather than the carrier. The LTE devices, on the other hand, have no solid release date because that is 100% up to the carrier, and US carriers do NOT like to give release dates.

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
Man some Razr owner come across aa condescending as some Nexus owner (though i will not say worst.) Haha

To the op.

Look secound had info from tech sites can be helpful for setting up a timeline but you need to take everything with a grain of salt. If motorola didnt post a date on they're website you were never lied too.

210droid

Reaction score
Guess one can say..if you wanna hear bull**** rumors; check out ALL the forums. You forum's need to talk about facts not heresay.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

cece5702

Reaction score
Cowboy Fan in the house? :)
Guess one can say..if you wanna hear bull**** rumors; check out ALL the forums. You forum's need to talk about facts not heresay.

210droid

Reaction score
Definately. Watching the Spurs whip new orleans Asses right now!

210droid

Reaction score
Yep. SPURS fan too..you? I hope not the Mavs

210droid

Reaction score
Yep. What other Spurs and Mavs do you know?