Stock IMM76K (4.0.4) Kernel

SquintyOS

Reaction score
Hi

I'm looking for stock kernel for IMM76K build of ICS 4.0.4. I need it to upgrade to IMM76Q so I can install Jelly Bean. My Nexus is rooted, running the stock IMM76K build with the leankernel. It's the only thing keeping me from getting to the IMM7Q build to get to JB at this point. I'm also wondering because I have an upgrade on the 15th of this month and was planing on grabbing an SIII. I have 2 more upgrades after that if I wanted to use it for the DROID Incredible X or any of the new Nexus devices. Should I wait to root the SIII when I get it or go ahead and get JB on my Nexus. the Galaxy Nexus will ALWAYS be my backup phone.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hi

I'm looking for stock kernel for IMM76K build of ICS 4.0.4. I need it to upgrade to IMM76Q so I can install Jelly Bean. My Nexus is rooted, running the stock IMM76K build with the leankernel. It's the only thing keeping me from getting to the IMM7Q build to get to JB at this point. I'm also wondering because I have an upgrade on the 15th of this month and was planing on grabbing an SIII. I have 2 more upgrades after that if I wanted to use it for the DROID Incredible X or any of the new Nexus devices. Should I wait to root the SIII when I get it or go ahead and get JB on my Nexus. the Galaxy Nexus will ALWAYS be my backup phone.

You don't need to upgrade to Q to install Jellybean...The OTA pushed to devices with IMM76K and IMM76Q. I'm not sure if you still need to be on Wi-Fi or not to get the update, but you definitely don't need IMM76Q. If you need the stock ICS kernel....

https://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp/mysid-imm76k-factory-98d21321.tgz

Download that and extract the files from the .tgz. Then find the IMM76K zip file and extract the boot.img from and flash in fastboot. I found a link to what appears to be a stock kernel on someone's dropbox if you'd rather do it that way though

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12773269/stock_4.0.4_imm76k_kernel.zip

Download and flash in recovery. You will then need to fastboot the stock recovery img back to stock otherwise you will not be able to take the OTA.