I have the "X" but getting the INCREDIBLE for my GF???

NADA918

Reaction score
Hello all!

As stated above, I have the x which is very similar to the incredible.. I have a few questions for you experts.

I have heard rumors that the standard battery will not get you through the day by any mean, is this true? Fixes, ext battery, ect..?

I thought I had more questions.. Guess not.. As me being the "droid" expert in our relationship, as I was when we both had BB's, is there anything I should know that is different than the X? Sense looks nice so Im looking forward to playing with that..

Thanks!

OH and btw, I'm sure everyone is going to say that I could have searched these, but I like my answers tailored to me, and Im looking forward to get to know everyone on this end of the droidness as well!

Thanks All!

Reaction score
IMO the first few weeks ou are going to drain your incredible batter pretty fast about once a day I give my phone a quick boost on charge for like 45 minutes if that. That will get me through the day. I have been looking into getting the expanded battery. My only thing with that is I bough the Verizon holster with the backing case and that will no longer work if I buy the bigger battery as it needs a different back plate because it is larger.

Also after playing with both the X and inc I strongly prefer the incredible over the X.

jacob083

Reaction score
It'll take a couple of weeks to get the battery trained to last longer, but I can make it through the whole day without a recharge. I unplug it around 5am to go to work at a warehouse I barely get a signal in, and I don't plug it in until around 11pm, but I still usually have around 30% with regular use. As for differences from the X, I can't really offer much of an opinion, but I have a buddy that has an X and they were similar enough I didn't have trouble navigating his phone.

shadow man

Reaction score
I just put the 1500mh battery in mine, and it's lasted me from about 8:30am, to right now (midnight), with maybe 20 minutes on the charger when I was in the car. I've been using it pretty heavily today too playing with Gmote (awesome app once you work out the kinks), games, etc... even a few phone calls, as I'm trying to kill it before I go to bed. It fits just a slight tad tighter then the stock battery, you do have to kind of coax the back on, but I like the extra tension, especially once I slip the innocase on. I do however also have it rooted, with it set to slow down the processor whenever the screen is off, which saves a ton of power, and is about one of the only really useful things about rooting imho in addition to the wifi tethering. I will say that I'm just shy of retarded when it comes to this stuff though before I get flamed for that.

EdisonCheug

Reaction score
well, i think it is a bit exagerate to say that it wont get you through the day by any mean, but the battery is indeed not satisfactory..

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It'll take a couple of weeks to get the battery trained to last longer, but I can make it through the whole day without a recharge. I unplug it around 5am to go to work at a warehouse I barely get a signal in, and I don't plug it in until around 11pm, but I still usually have around 30% with regular use. As for differences from the X, I can't really offer much of an opinion, but I have a buddy that has an X and they were similar enough I didn't have trouble navigating his phone.

You cannot "train" the battery. This is the type of thinking that went with the old NiCad batteries in the 90's. Todays lithium batter is pretty much ready to go once you give it the first charge. There is no memory on the battery so conditioning is not necessary.

ChefMan

Reaction score
The only "Training" (very loosely used word) is the old, turnoff phone, plug in till green light, unplug and let stand for 5 minutes, plug back in till light is green again, rinse and repeat until the light is green right when you plug it it. Do that while the phone is off and you will notice a bit more life from it. I have HEARD on the internet this is due to a issue with the system not actually knowing what a "full charge" is on the battery when the phone is on. Also if you are in a place with bad reception and dont need to have any kind of interaction on your phone (no emials or anything) turn on airplane mode it does help.

marcjac

Reaction score
I own the X and my wife has an Incredible, so I feel I can offer some real world experience to this discussion. The stock Incredible battery doesn't cut it, although the "bump charge" that ChefMan refers to DOES help. That being said, we bought the 1750mh battery and it does seem to last longer. The OP stated that he thought the X and the DInc were very similar. My response to that is "yes and no". I'm seriously considering returning my X for an Incredible. I've had a solid week where I could compare my wife's DInc to my X side by side, and I feel IMHO that the Sense UI has a much better "flow" to it, and makes many functions (email, text, contacts, notifications) more intuitive and easier to navigate with fewer steps. I also feel the DInc has a FAR more attractive interface. The X may have the bigger screen, but I think that's the main advantage. Once you get beyond the screen size, I'd say the DInc is just more "usable" for most functions. But if you have an X, I'd highly recommend getting LauncherPro (free in the Market), which will greatly enhance your experience as well as the look/feel of the X. Hope this helps!!!

Jenlj78

Reaction score
Hello, my husband got the incredible on Thursday and loves it (my X will be here soon, I didn't want matching phones) He took it off the charger yestgerday at 6:30 am and used it a lot and I even played with it a lot in the evening. It lasted til after 11:00 pm before it said battery was low. He runs the task manager on it (I think it is called that). I honestly think battery life depends on how much "stuff" is running and what all you do with it. At least this is what have learned so far. I wish they would make phone accessories for the extended batteries. That has never made sense to me! Good Luck.

marcjac

Reaction score
Hi, JLJ78; I hope you'll post your thoughts on the X vs the DInc once you've received yours and have had a chance to figure things out. As I said above, there are pro's and con's to each device. Like you, our initial thought was to NOT have 2 identical phones. But after having hands on for a week to really use each phone, the DInc works better for my needs. Both my wife & I came from BB Curves, so there was some transition time figuring out how to work the Droid software. Whichever way you go I'm sure you & your husband will enjoy your phones. As far as the extended battery is concerned, the 1750 fits in the stock slot with no modifications. Anything larger requires a different back cover. I think some covers are made for various larger battery sizes, but I've seen pics of the 3500mh battery cover and I feel it totally changes the sleek look of the DInc. Good luck, and keep us posted!