Droid Incredible Memory Configuration

Se7enLC

Reaction score
I asked this same question about the Droid X (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-general-discussions/66163-droid-x-memory-configuration.html), but now I'm curious about the HTC Droid Incredible. Can somebody with a Droid Incredible tell me how the storage is configured?

On the Droid, we have 512MB, broken up as follows:
140MB /system
260MB /data
92MB /cache

and an SD card

Would somebody mind running "df -h" to get a listing of which partitions have what space? Specifically, I want to know where the internal 8gb goes. Thanks!

Axel

Reaction score
Well, I don't know about the whole configuration, but whenever I use file managers I get /emmc/ as the 8GB internal memory (or "embedded memory card" if you will).

OP
S

Se7enLC

Reaction score
Well, I don't know about the whole configuration, but whenever I use file managers I get /emmc/ as the 8GB internal memory (or "embedded memory card" if you will).

Do market apps install to the 8gb, or do you get access to the card when you plug into a computer?

Axel

Reaction score
It looks like when I first started, data folders for apps were installed to the emmc, but after I installed the SD card they went there (.footprints, ACV, plurk, etc.)

I tried running df -h in Android Terminal Emulator, but was told "-h: No such file or directory" (my L'incroyable is unrooted, if it makes a difference). Just running df gave me:
/dev: 202M
/sqlite_stmt_journals: 4M
/system: 248M
/data: 748M
/data/data: 149M
/cache: 194M
/sdcard: 982M
/emmc: 6.5G

~e~
Oh yes, and we do get access to the emmc when connecting to a PC. It causes two connected storage devices to appear - one for the emmc and one for the sd card