Droid Incredible will have 8GB of Internal Memory

J

JohnDroid

droid-incredible-storage.jpg

It's not that often that once we have official specs from both the manufacturer and the network provider that we are unsure of the internal memory configuration of a phone. In this case however, the HTC Incredible/Droid Incredible kind of confused everyone because even the internal documentation had conflicting information.

Phandroid did a good job of breaking it down and answering the question once and for all. A screenshot of the Verizon ordering system finally shows us that the Droid Incredible will in fact have 8GB of internal memory.

Now we can all rest easy. You can view the full article at this URL: Droid Incredible WILL Have Internal Memory, Video Out [UPDATE] | Android Phone Fans

OP
J

JohnDroid

thx, been wondering this for a while....

so this bad boy will max out at 40GB then with a 32GB SD card?

Looks like it, until they create a SD card larger then 32GB... I still haven't filled up my Droid's card though :)

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
tv-out? what's the interface? doesn't say

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Do we know if they will apps to be installed to that memory or if they have to be installed to the ROM like other Android phones? The specs I have seen have said 512 MB ROM (320 MB free to user) so I assume that is definitely for installing apps.

etx_droid

Reaction score
Looks pretty promising...a lot of my friends in the past have had nothing but problems with HTC phones, but they weren't running Android. I like the fact they have a TV out, that will push more phones to have this feature.

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
With these specs, it should be good competition for the upcoming evo 4g. I wonder how the voice quality will be..

Sweettooth

Reaction score
i really hope this doesnt squash the droid because my ego just cant taking having a number 2 phone

Lol I was like that when the Moto RAZR first came out, looking all thin and elite. Then everyone started getting one, then there were a bunch of other phones that blew it away. I love my Droid to death, and when my girlfriend leaves me I'll seduce it but I do take comfort in my new every two. By the time this phone is completely under water I'll be able to resurface with a brand spankin new phone to worship. ;)

akj27

Reaction score
Am I the only one jumping ship? I'm selling my droid with all the accessories for about 300 and buy this bad boy with it.... since I have an extra upgrade

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Am I the only one jumping ship? I'm selling my droid with all the accessories for about 300 and buy this bad boy with it.... since I have an extra upgrade

Yea, I wont be...it's a downgrade if you ask me. Comes with less storage, and no keyboard. Same size screen res, processor isn't that much better. I don't use a camera that much to give a crap.

akj27

Reaction score

Yea, I wont be...it's a downgrade if you ask me. Comes with less storage, and no keyboard. Same size screen res, processor isn't that much better. I don't use a camera that much to give a crap.

It comes with more internal storage, sd cards are pretty cheap, so if I feel I need more than 8gb, then I can just get one for cheap. I don't really use the keyboard that much anyway. but I'm not 100 percent sure yet, I might just stick with the droid and save this upgrade for when a much better phone comes out.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
with the high internal memory, this could be a hacker's dream... dual/triple-booting different OS on it... just a thought

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

It comes with more internal storage, sd cards are pretty cheap, so if I feel I need more than 8gb, then I can just get one for cheap. I don't really use the keyboard that much anyway. but I'm not 100 percent sure yet, I might just stick with the droid and save this upgrade for when a much better phone comes out.

Yes, internal storage. But youd still have to go drpo money to be able to sabe as much music on the incredible as you can on droid out of the box.