I have no idea what happend

Kjguy43

Reaction score
Ok here goes, may be a bit long. Have a Droid X that I put liberty 1.5v on. Worked great, changed some themes around and all. Decided to change out the screen protector to one a friend gave me. Ran it under water and then put windex on it to apply it. Used a rubber squezie to remove bubbles and such. I think some windex got down into buttons. So the phone freezes, turn it off, now all it does is shows liberty boot screen.

I tried recover mode, nope it wont do it.

Flashed it using RSD 4.6, went through the process, battery died. Read to use 4.9, got 4.9 and a fully charged battery, flashed usinf 4.9 and 2.340 software. Finished this time. Still wont boot past the word liberty.

I am thinking the windex did something to it, the lights on the button do light up. But why if it fact is was the windex, why would it turn on but not boot.

Cant send it back to verizon when it has a custom rom that I cant get rid of becuz i cant get it to boot

Any ideas, suggestions?

Thanks

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You need to wipe data and cache in stock recovery after an sbf

OP
K

Kjguy43

Reaction score

See below, I was able to get rid of libert boot by doing the below, still wont boot though.

Here is the issue with that, i SBB via RSD 4.9 to full 2.3.32 let it do its magic which it did well. Still wont go past the M logo which pleases me know cuz I know I got the liberty ROM wiped. Then I SBF 2.3.34 system only. Still to no avail. It will not go past the M logo. I can't boot into recovery by holding the power and home button.

I am really thinking the windex did something. Just blows my mind that if in fact it was windex, why would it turn on but not boot?

Last edited:

NattyBee

Reaction score

Here is the issue with that, i SBB via RSD 4.9 to full 2.3.32 let it do its magic which it did well. Still wont go past the M logo which pleases me know cuz I know I got the liberty ROM wiped. Then I SBF 2.3.34 system only. Still to no avail. It will not go past the M logo. I can't boot into recovery by holding the power and home button.

I am really thinking the windex did something. Just blows my mind that if in fact it was windex, why would it turn on but not boot?

Give it time to dry, in case the windex (or the water) got in there...sometimes liquid can screw with button function while still letting device power on.

But...if you are stuck at the M logo and not the Droid Eye...you won't be able to get to factory recovery anyhow...try flashing 2.3.32 sbf again...

Btw, if you got liquid in it, better off getting insurance replacement than trying to get VZW to replace...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
K

Kjguy43

Reaction score
I was able to do a full system flash with 2.3.32 but it still would not boot past the M. I then flashed system only 2.3.34 on it, still wont boot past the M. I used a hair drye on the buttons last night hoping that would dry it.

When I do take it back to Verizon I am just going to say that the phone shut off and when it restarted it wont do anything but this.

johnnilsson

Reaction score
Just so you know after flashing back to stock rom with SBf recovery you have to wipe cache and factory reset and most important of all because I'm pretty sure you did those two steps is a batter pull do all three of those and wipe those beads of sweat off your head and your good to go

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

johnnilsson

Reaction score
Just to clarify in steps
1.flash stock rom with SBC
2. Wipe data factory reset
3. Battery pull

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App