I gave up on this thing.

pkw1

Reaction score
now on top of the millions of problems, this device even lost it's basic function as a phone. Before, it would always loose connection showing this "invalid mobile country code" and you can't receive any calls or messages, BUT at least when I check my phone every 15 mins to see if i still have reception, I can fix the problem by a restart...

now even when the phone shows that I have signal, still connected, i was expecting a call/msg for hours today, and nothing... check the phone again, still shows I have signal. Another hour has past, I started to get a bad feeling so I tried to make a call and GUESS WHAT? I'm unable to do so... tried to send myself a text, can't do it...

out of all the years of using mobile phones, this is the BIGGEST PIECE OF CRAP I have ever used.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Sounds like you need to call your provider then, not complain about the phone. Its a solid device, I use mine everyday and have for the past 6 months and never had any problems out of it.

tRu3_sKiTz0

Reaction score
Word! I have gone to heaven and back with my d2g and I love it still. Kit sounds like u need to dial# 611 and ask for some help.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Masamichi7

Reaction score
Seriously, you need to demand a replacement phone from Verizon or insurance. Nine's been a butt to me, and it still isn't that bad.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
P

pkw1

Reaction score
My problem is I'm not from USA, I paid extra to have this phone imported, I have been doing this for many years, I understand DOAs where if there is problem, it happens right away. Unlike a person who live in USA and can warranty the phone through Verizon for one whole year, I only have 30 days, I exchanged this phone three times over the first 30 days.. now it's past 30 days, I'm stuck with it, ALL the problems I have had (except for this most recent one) are ALL "COMMON" problems with this device, nobody on the internet can come up with fixes or work around to these problems. These problems are also known and brought up on the official Motorola owner's forums, and the Motorola techs can't help neither. I have tried everything possible already, I just found this to be a very unreliable device.

eMWu

Reaction score
I'm in the same situation, I'm in EU and I'm often having problems with the sound quality, unreliable singal and signal meter. Plus can't send/receive MMS message and use USSD codes.
Also some minor stuff, like getting weird short messages from time to time from my own number with the text "SMS0". And "Assisted dialing error: Invalid mobile country code" error showing up randomly.
I'm really hoping the upcoming firmware will address at least some of those issues.

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
I'm not sure why, but my D2G works flawlessly on Softbank at home, and works perfectly on the Megafon network when I go to Russia due to my interpreter job. The sound quality is exceptional compared to my old Nokia 9300, and USSD requests not working is a known issue (you should have known about it before you even ordered the phone, if you tried to research anything at all about the device).

Can't say anything about MMS, since I never ever sent or received one.

thelight

Reaction score
i think its time to flowed motorola with emails to share bootloader codes so community will b able to work this stuff by itself.
motorola says they will ask the cell companies accepting that/
this is a joke. for myself no more vzw and no more motorola.
costumer pressure always work.

OP
P

pkw1

Reaction score
I have sent many emails to contact verizon and Motorola about these issues, Verizon simply ignors me because I'm not from the US and using them as a provider, Motorola just replies saying they're looking into it.. then doesn't reply my emails anymore.