I Demand a slide out Qwerty.......

Reaction score
Well, I don't know about the rest of you people, but I love my Droid 4. I won't ever buy a smart phone without a slideout keypad. So I guess I'll be keeping this phone till it either grows hair or falls apart in my hands..... If Motorola craps out on me, I'll go to a different Mfg. for my next phone. Does HTC make a slideout Qwerty?

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Only one I knew of was the Merge. Maybe some older Windows Phone.

Sliders are becoming a rarity. Which might explain why vzw has kept the D4 for this long. Samsung has the Stratosphere II and I THINK Pantech has one. On verizon. Moto did release one on Sprint not too long ago. The Photon Q.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
With larger panels sliders are less sought after. People are wanting thinner with larger screens plus you can purchase mini BT kbs but still don't beat a slider. I think the next evolution will have to be a slider that is crazy thin. Still I do think that there is still a market for the slide out QWERTY.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

GigaJake

Reaction score
I'm due for an upgrade in only a few days and I'm desperate to know the future of the QWERTY. If I could know for certain that there will be no Droid 5 or another high end phone I would gladly get a new Droid 4 and run with it for a few more years. But I'm afraid I'll get locked into something for 2 years and then some new QWERTY comes along in June.

I just want to know! Verizon, Motorola, someone! Tell me your plans!

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

kwyrt

Reaction score
I'm due for an upgrade in only a few days and I'm desperate to know the future of the QWERTY. If I could know for certain that there will be no Droid 5 or another high end phone I would gladly get a new Droid 4 and run with it for a few more years. But I'm afraid I'll get locked into something for 2 years and then some new QWERTY comes along in June.

I just want to know! Verizon, Motorola, someone! Tell me your plans!

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

How did you manage the early upgrade? I got my D4 the day it came out and I'm not due for an upgrade until Feb 2014. But yeah, the lack of news/rumors regarding a new high end qwerty is disheartening. I have a bad feeling the D4 is the last really good qwerty we'll see. Hope I'm wrong though.

Droid 4 - CM10.1

GigaJake

Reaction score
How did you manage the early upgrade?
Funky combination of using upgrades from different lines on the same account. I was a little surprised too, I managed to avoid the 24 month rule Verizon just laid down. The other upgrades are around February of 2014 as well. I honestly don't mind waiting to use the upgrade if I knew a solid QWERTY was coming out, even if it's months from now, but the lack of news puts us at a guessing game...

mikekhelxD

Reaction score
I'm still hoping that a D5 will somehow come out in the future. However, we are missing so much compared to other phones because I need a QWERTY. It is a shame, but damn it. I might have to go the S4 route or similar high endish phones rather than keep getting falling behind because I needed a keyboard. Every time I use other people's phone and take a photo with their camera, I just sometimes want to throw my D4 straight to the dumpster.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm still hoping that a D5 will somehow come out in the future. However, we are missing so much compared to other phones because I need a QWERTY. It is a shame, but damn it. I might have to go the S4 route or similar high endish phones rather than keep getting falling behind because I needed a keyboard. Every time I use other people's phone and take a photo with their camera, I just sometimes want to throw my D4 straight to the dumpster.

I know the feeling of needing a QWERTY, though a touchscreen will not be as good as a qwerty the note 2 is not bad at all. The note 2 in portrait mode makes the need for a qwerty slider almost non existence.

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I know the feeling of needing a QWERTY, though a touchscreen will not be as good as a qwerty the note 2 is not bad at all. The note 2 in portrait mode makes the need for a qwerty slider almost non existence.

note 2 is a good phone but its a bit to big for me... cant fit it in my pocket... but its great for my mom(or any woman) who has a purse to carry it. she is older and has bad eyesight so the bigger screen is good for her. tried to give her my old d4 she said no way lol.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
note 2 is a good phone but its a bit to big for me... cant fit it in my pocket... but its great for my mom(or any woman) who has a purse to carry it. she is older and has bad eyesight so the bigger screen is good for her. tried to give her my old d4 she said no way lol.

I have no issues at all putting it in my pocket just nothing else can go in that pocket :p.

Yeah I know a few people who love my note 2 but hate the size. Many of them feel like the s4 is a perfect size for them.

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I have no issues at all putting it in my pocket just nothing else can go in that pocket :p.

Yeah I know a few people who love my note 2 but hate the size. Many of them feel like the s4 is a perfect size for them.
exactly it is just a personal preference. all three phones are totally solid in my eyes. i just like the metal build of the dna better which is why i choose it. also the size was perfect for my big hands.

mikekhelxD

Reaction score

I actually like the note2. In my inner group of friends, there are only 2-3 of us that doesn't have it. Whenever I use it though, it seems like i'm going to drop it. I have a quite strangle dilemma with my hands. I have a heavy hand, but i'm very light when using a phone. I know, it is indeed weird. I think the problem with the note2 for me is that it is too thin. My hands need the bulkiness of the phone so I can hang on it. Also when typing using the screen, my fingers somewhat floats even though I have a heavy hand. Haha. Two of the girls in my group are thinking about getting an iPhone 5, mind you they both have the note2. I really don't why they want to change, but if I can get a good deal from them, hello note2.