So... I really cant figure out which device I want next.

Rogziel

Reaction score
Here's the deal I'm in the market from a new droid (own the "OG"). I would like to take advantage of the sales of black friday and the new plan that is out for family share. I have to make my choice before Jan 7th when the plan I would like to get expires. the problem im having is idk what phone I like the best, Either the Droid X, Droid2G, or the Moto Olympus (I know this one is not coming out for some time).

DroidX: 4.3 screen, HTMI, 1ghz Processor.
Problem: No QWERTY, slower processor then the D2G, and a waste of money if the moto Olympus kicks the crap out of it.
Droid2G: QWERTY, 1.2ghz Processor.
Problem: Is it really that big of a upgrade from the OG? and there is much more of a risk to apply custom roms since its still in its baby steps of root.
Moto Olympus: 4.0screen, Pretty much the Droidx but 2 times better.
Problem: Out of my time frame.

Anyone want to give me some suggestions to sway my decision on what I should get? I cant make up my mind @_@;;

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, the D2G and the X actually run the same processor but the D2G is clocked faster out of the box.

I'm running my X at 1.35 and its pretty smooth.

I thought I would miss the keyboard when I went from the OG to the X, but I don't even notice it anymore because of Swype.

And really, if you upgrade now, you will at least have an annual upgrade this time next year so you can pick from that holiday lineup which will likely include some LTE phones.

Sent from my rooted Galaxy Tab

OP
Rogziel

Rogziel

Reaction score
What always had me was the size of the DX screen, but the choice really was screen or keyboard. Swype is not really a make or break for me since I use SwiftKey. I do have to say the DX looks more of a upgrade then the D2G, I'm just worried about the batter life as well, but I heard the DX was the best one so far for battery life. I can be wrong.

Reaction score
With very regular use, I typically get around 16 hours on my X

Sent from my rooted Galaxy Tab

OP
Rogziel

Rogziel

Reaction score
Can this thread be moved to the Droid general section.

Sent from my "OG"Droid using the DF app

EgooEspada

Reaction score
I say wait for the boat load of devices coming out February/March. Verizon is showing off 6 devices at CES in January (majority being smartphones) and they should be great. But if you don't want to wait, the DX is a great device.

Sent from my Droid