Solved I cannot enable the USB debugging icon

tesoke

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG-E405
Hi, I am a newcomer and hope to find my answer here. I have a LG-E405 and I know that it is embracing :)
I want to enable it into USB debugging, from this direction: Setting>Application Setting>Development, But the problem is that I cannot to enable the USB debugging icon. Because it is dark. I donot know what do you say to this situation, but I see that this icon is not light, like other, and so I cannot enable it. What do you think? Please help. Thank you so much.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Welcome! Is you phone stuck in Charge Only mode (or Use As A USB device)? When you connect your phone to your computer, do you have options in the Notification area for anything other than Charge / Charging? I believe that sometimes you have to enable one of the other options when it's connected, then disconnect it from your computer and you might be able to turn on USB Debugging then.

OP
T

tesoke

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG-E405
Thank you. I done it and when I connect my phone to the computer in PC software or USB tethering modes, I cannot enable the USB debugging icon, but while I cannot it via Charge mode. I cannot! I want to change some setting in my phone and a guider said that I should connect phone in Charge only mode to do that. But It is not active in this mode. What can I do. Thanks a lot.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Try connecting your phone to your computer > select PC software > disconnect your phone > then try to turn on USB Debugging.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Multi tap the version build number under about phone in settings to setup the development mode, then you can get into those settings?

Sent from my New Note 7

OP
T

tesoke

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG-E405
Thank you for answering but I cannot understand your advice. How to "Multi tap the version" and how to "build number"? Sorry for being a non-pro.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Thank you for answering but I cannot understand your advice. How to "Multi tap the version" and how to "build number"? Sorry for being a non-pro.
Can you open the Developer Options section of your Settings menu and then USB Debugging is grayed out? Or can you not even get into the Developer Options at all?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
T

tesoke

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG-E405
In Charge only mode, I can open Development but USB Debugging is grayed out.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
In Charge only mode, I can open Development but USB Debugging is grayed out.

Don't try to change it while connected to your computer. Try selecting PC Software (or something like that) while connected. Then disconnect your phone from your computer. Then try to enable USB Debugging.

OP
T

tesoke

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG-E405
Thank you so much. It worked out. Bless you.