Is there an alternative way to enable USB Debugging mode?

TengokuDROID

Reaction score
My Moto Droid A855 has a dead screen, but I can see it on my desktop IF I can get USB Debugging mode enabled, in which its off at the moment.

My screen is DEAD, nothing can be seen, but the touch screen works. *I was able to unlock the phone*

Is there an alternative way to enable Debugging mode without going into settings on the phone?

OP
T

TengokuDROID

Reaction score
My Moto Droid A855 has a dead screen, but I can see it on my desktop IF I can get USB Debugging mode enabled, in which its off at the moment.

My screen is DEAD, nothing can be seen, but the touch screen works. *I was able to unlock the phone*

Is there an alternative way to enable Debugging mode without going into settings on the phone?

urklegrue

Reaction score
How can you see it on your desktop? I'm curious because mine is in the same situation (dead screen, touch still works). I posted about it a few days ago but no one had any suggestions. I think mine should still be in USB debugging mode.

OP
T

TengokuDROID

Reaction score
How can you see it on your desktop? I'm curious because mine is in the same situation (dead screen, touch still works). I posted about it a few days ago but no one had any suggestions. I think mine should still be in USB debugging mode.

Look up Androidscreencast. It's how I saw mine on my screen.

urklegrue

Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks so much, that is exactly what I needed! I think I was just able to factory reset using it.

Sorry I can't help with your problem though. Hopefully someone can.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Only things i can suggest is to try and guess your way to the that screen from the home screen after you unlock it.

Just incase you want to try it i can try and point you towards the menu option.. location on the screen etc...

OP
T

TengokuDROID

Reaction score
Only things i can suggest is to try and guess your way to the that screen from the home screen after you unlock it.

Just incase you want to try it i can try and point you towards the menu option.. location on the screen etc...

Please. ;-;

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Assuming you are on the home screen (after unlock) click menu. bottom left should be the button for settings menu, click that.

Applications is the second from the bottom on the settings menu, about a half a inch up.
Next is development which is about a inch and a half up from where the physical camera button is.
Next is marking the check box of the debugging mode which is about an inch down from the top right corner of the screen.

If you get it right and you do it while you are plugged into the USB either your phone or your cpu should make a sound... good luck...