I cannot delete a contact

zero7404

Reaction score
can someone explain how a contact cannot be removed from the phone ?

long press, delete contact. contact still there ....

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
if theyre synced to your gmail acct go on there and delete that, too

OP
zero7404

zero7404

Reaction score
this is the second time i've started a post about this, and each time the answer has been to sync with google.
what about just as a stand-alone phone ? i can't manage my contacts here, and i don't store them on google's servers. i was forced to sync with the calendar because i had similar issues when i wasn't syncing and trying to do it all on the phone.

so if you have an android phone you MUST use a google storage service in order for things to work smoothly ? don't care much for that.

other than resetting the phone again, is there any way to reset contacts ?

OP
zero7404

zero7404

Reaction score
the only way seems to be syncing with gmail contacts, cleaning up what i dont want on the phone, then syncing again.

so i have my contacts the way i want, its an unnecessary hassle to have to do this...but anyway it worked.

so now onto another problem: i have multiple numbers in a single contact, but when browsing and viewing the contact (not editing), it only lists one number. when i edit i see the other #s, so not sure why this is happening.

the contact i am seeing this with contains calling card strings- the toll free number, 'wait' my security code, 'wait' the number i want to call (international).

anyone else know why its doing this ? tried looking into display options in contacts, but nothing in there will make a difference ...