How do you permanently delete contacts on Droid?

veronica_713

Reaction score
I'm looking for a way to *permanently* delete contacts from my Droid. Currently, to delete contacts, I long-press on one and then select the "Delete Contact" option. However, I noticed recently that they're not gone for good, but rather chillin' on the SD card just waiting to be imported again.

I've had the problem that others have had with one of the system upgrades where most of my contacts randomly "disappeared." Someone on this forum helped me by letting me know they were all still most likely on the SD card, and I just had to choose the option to import them all over to the phone again, which I did, and it fixed that problem.

However, when I had to do that, ALL of my contacts got ported back over, including the 30 or so I had previously deleted. Seeing as how I'm going to have to import my contacts from the SD card again in the future (presumably after the next system upgrade), how do I make the ones I've deleted STAY deleted?

(In other words, is there a way to delete them permanently from the SD card? Is the only solution to connect the SD card to the computer and delete all the unwanted contact files from there? That's a pain and double work for me at this point, but I'll do it if it's the only option.)

Thanks for any help anyone can give!
Veronica

MrTommy

Reaction score
Have you tried deleting them via a computer Gmail account and letting sync take care of it? Just a thought.