Hulu Will Stream The Seinfeld Series

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
138419091.jpg

According to Variety, tomorrow Hulu will announce that it has won the rights to stream the Seinfeld series. The deal is rumored to be worth nearly 780K per episode. A bonanza for the cast as I'll bet they retained residual rights.
Earlier rumors had Amazon and Yahoo in the running for the series, and Netflix dropping out, The deal should be announced tomorrow.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
One of my favorite shows of all time.

OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I recently saw Jerry Seinfeld on Letterman. The guy is just naturally funny. What I didn't know is he is Hollywood's richest actor with a net wealth of $820 million.

Just read that Larry David and Jerry Seinfeld have the residual rights. Around 400 million a year and that's prior to the Hulu deal.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
His series on Crackle, "Comedians in cars getting coffee" is pretty funny and is a must see for all Seinfeld fans.

S5 tap'n

OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
His series on Crackle, "Comedians in cars getting coffee" is pretty funny and is a must see for all Seinfeld fans.

S5 tap'n
I remember that one... Hysterical..

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Great show. Watched it a lot with my dad growing up. Too bad I don't use hulu anymore. Not a good enough show to justify me paying for another video service.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
@Jonny Kansas , I pay for it just because I'm crazy!

I pay for Hulu.
I pay for Netflix
I pay for Sling TV
with HBO!
And I still have to use "other means" to see all the shows I watch, and I don't even watch that much TV. I know, it's doesn't seem like it, but I don't.

Still, I am a fan of Seinfeild, but for a show that almost 1mil an episode, Hulu better not raise my rate!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
@Jonny Kansas , I pay for it just because I'm crazy!

I pay for Hulu.
I pay for Netflix
I pay for Sling TV
with HBO!
And I still have to use "other means" to see all the shows I watch, and I don't even watch that much TV. I know, it's doesn't seem like it, but I don't.

Still, I am a fan of Seinfeild, but for a show that almost 1mil an episode, Hulu better not raise my rate!
I don't wanna be that guy. Haha! I pay for Netflix & get amazon prime video. Other things, I buy/rent from Google play or watch on demand.

I do subscribe to HBO as well. Initially for Game of Thrones, but I've found many other shows on the stations in that tier that make it worth it to me.

Sent from my Note 4

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Just read that Larry David and Jerry Seinfeld have the residual rights. Around 400 million a year and that's prior to the Hulu deal.

I wonder how they pulled that off. I don't think that would be possible today as most of the money, for the networks/studios, is in syndication.

So both are probably heading to billionaire status. Amazing, but Seinfeld still stands, to me, as the funniest and most brilliantly scripted sitcom we've seen in 30 years. And Curb Your Enthusiasm on HBO was almost as good, in some respects better.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I never could get into "curb", but that's likely because I never watched it from the beginning. Some of the episodes I've seen were funny, but there were times it was on and I changed the channel. Something I never did with the Sein.

S5 tap'n

cerisecons

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 22 Ultra
Loved that show, Genius casting.
I don't use Netflix enough to pay for Hulu too, what's it cost?

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I believe it's (Hulu) 8 bucks. I don't watch enough of what Hulu offers for me to justify the cost. I cancelled my Sling TV subscription after my 2 week trial as there wasn't enough programming there either to justify the cost. Let alone all the commercials that's included with their programming. (Though it would be nice to have during football season, I still can't justify the pricing)
I'm happy with my Netflix, Amazon Prime, and the occasional VuDu PPV movies. Another great option that both VuDu & Prime offer, is the ability to rent quite a few "new release" movies that are often available before they are released for rental everywhere else.
This setup has kept my cord-cut setup quite affordable.
While I wanted the HBO stand alone app for Game of Thrones & True Blood, their monthly price was too much for my taste. True Blood is available on Prime and we've actually enjoyed buying GOT on BluRay each year, (even though it's usually 10 months after the season is over) simply for all the extras that come alone with it. The last two seasons we've purchased the BluRay on sale at Best Buy for less than 40 bucks. Not too shabby!

S5 tap'n

Neoart

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S4 White SCH1545
Hulu presenting the series should be much better than the very low resolution used on Crackle.
Access was through Playstation.

"Comedians in cars getting coffee"
Cool series with classic cars

Reactions: cr6