Amazon Rumored to Launch Prime Streaming Music Platform

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Amazon-primeLogo-transparent-backg.png

Can a new competitor to music streaming services like Pandora and Spotify actually thrive in the world market? If that competitor is Amazon, the answer is likely yes. According to latest intel, Amazon is preparing to launch their own "Prime" streaming music service sometime in the near future. Supposedly, Amazon will include the music streaming service as part of their Prime service which many folks already pay a yearly subscription fee for.

Could this be one of the reasons why we have also been hearing rumors that Amazon might raise the price of their Prime service from $79.99 per year to as much as $120 per year? This seems possible. The source of this report also indicated that Amazon is trying to work out better deals with record labels than is currently seen with other online streaming services.

Overall, it is not too surprising if Amazon does move into streaming music. It definitely fits their business model of offering nearly every type of content imaginable. In fact, it's probably a matter of "when" not "if."

Source: recode

sonicxtacy02

Reaction score
I hope its better than the instant video service. Their selection is garbage.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Agreed, and if their prime shipping does not get better they better not be raising prices.

UPS's delivery has been going down hill for me. I know that is not Amazon, but it is who those are shipping to ship through.

Sent from my Nexus 5