Hulu Sreaming and or Download Question.

BamaBelle

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7
The Problem:

I currently live in the country, well not so much the "country", more like internet dead zone area.

I am operating on a Samsung Galaxy S7 run by AT&T.

Long story short, we were not imformed properly on the signal strength in our area thus our 4g signal strength fluctuates between -1.08 and -.92. Aka, not enough juice to stream videos properly.

Second problem:

We have ZERO internet service on our area. Despite the fact that we are less than a quarter mile from the nearest uverse vrad box.

So, that leaves me with only my internet via my phone.

Here is my main issue. I love Hulu. However, they do not allow ypu to download their shows for later viewing.

And downloading the video is my only option for a clear video picture.

Is there a way around this? I am using Hulu legally with a concurrent monthly subscription.

Or is there another app and or sote I can use besides amazon or netflix?

Many Thanks,

-Heather-

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Not sure if you've looked but there are internet services via satellite....

Also in a lot of areas there are internet services provided wireless network systems.

I think Hughes net is one of the bigger ones.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

OP
BamaBelle

BamaBelle

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7
Not sure if you've looked but there are internet services via satellite....

Also in a lot of areas there are internet services provided wireless network systems.

I think Hughes net is one of the bigger ones.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk
Hughes Net does not service our area, I believe dish network does, however we use direct tv to take advantage of AT&T's unlimited data plan, which is awesome.

I promise you, we have tried every option under the sun. Including buying a 1k wilson amplifier signal booster with no luck.

It's extremely frustrating. Expecially when we had to lay down 12 crisp $100 bills to switch from verizon to AT&T.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Damn, you're really in a bind. The real problem with Hulu is that you're really not allowed to download shows and watch them later due to copyright infringement. They pay to have access to the video sources but with the stipulation that it is streaming only. There are no other opting I know of and I've looked as well.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
BamaBelle

BamaBelle

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7
Damn, you're really in a bind. The real problem with Hulu is that you're really not allowed to download shows and watch them later due to copyright infringement. They pay to have access to the video sources but with the stipulation that it is streaming only. There are no other opting I know of and I've looked as well.

What about vudu? I have heard that mentioned here. Do they allow ypu to download?

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Amazon Prime allows you to download and I hear that Netflix will in the near future.
You may want to check AP and see if it meets your needs..

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Have you Googled "How to download Hulu" seems there are quite a few choices available..

OP
BamaBelle

BamaBelle

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7
Have you Googled "How to download Hulu" seems there are quite a few choices available..
I have amazon prime. The problem is Amazon charges way more for the exact same thing Hulu offers.

For example, I will openly admit I love reality shows. I know, they are cheesy.....

I wanyed to watch all 5 seasons of MTV's Catfish show.

I purchased all 5 complete seasons from Hulu for $24.00.

At Amazon Prime, they want $19.99 PER season. However, I would have the option to download.

See my delima? Lol
Amazon Prime allows you to download and I hear that Netflix will in the near future.
You may want to check AP and see if it meets your needs..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

OP
BamaBelle

BamaBelle

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7
I have yes. The problem is most of the apps require pc access to download software to.

I don't have internet available nor do I own a pc.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Just to reiterate, it is illegal to download and store Hulu video for later viewing. See below.

2d7c0654732766b7e2eb0743286abf4d.jpg

I would also have to say that the same applies to any online streaming service whether audio or video. The only exceptions to that rule are either where the original artist has placed their media in the public domain or where they specifically allow recording for personal use, like for instance the Grateful Dead who allows their concerts to be recorded by recreational concert receding attendees. Even in those exceptions the streaming service may still have overriding restrictions in their Terms of Service agreements.

Vudu is also following these same restrictions regarding copyright and recording. See below.

e1f422058c5218885b4136ec01811cb3.jpg

404dd81c1a1c495621000a5cae40cd1a.jpg

Last edited:
OP
BamaBelle

BamaBelle

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7
Just to reiterate, it is illegal to download and store Hulu video for later viewing. See below.

2d7c0654732766b7e2eb0743286abf4d.jpg

I would also have to say that the same applies to any online streaming service whether audio or video. The only exceptions to that rule are either where the original artist has placed their media in the public domain or where they specifically allow recording for personal use, like for instance the Grateful Dead who allows their concerts to be recorded by recreational concert receding attendees. Even in those exceptions the streaming service may still have overriding restrictions in their Terms of Service agreements.

Vudu is also following these same restrictions regarding copyright and recording. See below.

e1f422058c5218885b4136ec01811cb3.jpg

404dd81c1a1c495621000a5cae40cd1a.jpg

That's odd.

I wonder why they charge you a subscription fee then? For Hulu anyhow.

Maybe that is why the price is higher with amazon, because you have the option to download.

If that's the case, then I am going to cancel my Hulu, and just stick with Hulu.

If I could change my cell tower it would help greatly.

For some reason it pulls off a tower very far away. I've tried recycling. Idk.

OP
BamaBelle

BamaBelle

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7
When I order from amazon, i always choose the "own" option, which allows me to download it. That shouldn't be illegal should it?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Have you tried Verizon or T-Mobile? I see you have att.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
That's odd.

I wonder why they charge you a subscription fee then? For Hulu anyhow.

Maybe that is why the price is higher with amazon, because you have the option to download.

If that's the case, then I am going to cancel my Hulu, and just stick with Hulu.

If I could change my cell tower it would help greatly.

For some reason it pulls off a tower very far away. I've tried recycling. Idk.

Sorry, hate to be a killjoy but I wouldn't want anyone to suffer negative consequences for something we had inadvertently supported here on the forum. We don't have many restrictions here on our forum but of the few we do have (see guidelines in my signature), violations of law including copyright are one of them.

Unless you are purchasing a license to download, like when you buy a digital copy of a CD online, you can most often (virtually always), assume that downloading of any media for later enjoyment is a violation of some copyright law.

OP
BamaBelle

BamaBelle

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7
Sorry, hate to be a killjoy but I wouldn't want anyone to suffer negative consequences for something we had inadvertently supported here on the forum. We don't have many restrictions here on our forum but of the few we do have (see guidelines in my signature), violations of law including copyright are one of them.

Unless you are purchasing a license to download, like when you buy a digital copy of a CD online, you can most often (virtually always), assume that downloading of any media for later enjoyment is a violation of some copyright law.

Nope. No problems at all. I agree.