Cannot send picture messages

MBFlay

Reaction score
I am having a HUGE issue with Verizon/Droid X right now. I am able to do EVERYTHING I can imagine on this Droid X EXCEPT send picture messages 90% of the time. This is typically happening in or around my home. I am able to be on the internet, send text messages, make a call, etc., all the while with 4 strong bars of service. However, whenever I try to text a picture or video, it either immediately fails to send the picture or I will receive a notificiation within 15 minutes or so telling me that the picture failed to send. My husband and I have spent countless hours in the past few days on the phone with Verizon techs and face to face in the store, and generally the same answer is this: you just don't have a stong enough signal in your house. Riddle me this, then - why the four bars of strength? I live 1/4 mile from our nearest tower in a large city. This definitely seems like a software issue to me. I've already had my phone completely wiped clean by tech support, among other (rather ridiculous) attempts at trying to fix this issue. Any ideas? Saying this is a network issue is not acceptable to me, as my husband's Droid works just FINE in the same situations, 10 feet away from me. Should I be asking them to send me a replacement phone? We are on day 26 of our 30 day no-obligation trial with this phone, and I'm ready to scream. I love it, but cannot figure out why 27 days ago my EnV 3 was sending pictures fine for a year and now this Droid will not. Help!

BodyBagz

Reaction score
I am having a HUGE issue with Verizon/Droid X right now. I am able to do EVERYTHING I can imagine on this Droid X EXCEPT send picture messages 90% of the time. This is typically happening in or around my home. I am able to be on the internet, send text messages, make a call, etc., all the while with 4 strong bars of service. However, whenever I try to text a picture or video, it either immediately fails to send the picture or I will receive a notificiation within 15 minutes or so telling me that the picture failed to send. My husband and I have spent countless hours in the past few days on the phone with Verizon techs and face to face in the store, and generally the same answer is this: you just don't have a stong enough signal in your house. Riddle me this, then - why the four bars of strength? I live 1/4 mile from our nearest tower in a large city. This definitely seems like a software issue to me. I've already had my phone completely wiped clean by tech support, among other (rather ridiculous) attempts at trying to fix this issue. Any ideas? Saying this is a network issue is not acceptable to me, as my husband's Droid works just FINE in the same situations, 10 feet away from me. Should I be asking them to send me a replacement phone? We are on day 26 of our 30 day no-obligation trial with this phone, and I'm ready to scream. I love it, but cannot figure out why 27 days ago my EnV 3 was sending pictures fine for a year and now this Droid will not. Help!
If doing a Factory Data Reset has had no effect, my only other suggestion prior to asking for a new device, would be to install Handcent SMS just to see if it is the default Text Messaging app that is not handling the process correctly. This is just an idea since Handcent effectively "piggybacks" the stock app.

You can download, install, set up and run Handcemt in about 10 minutes...just as a test. If it still doesnt work, then by all means I would be in a Verizon store first thing in the morning...

Sorry I cant be of more help...let us know what happens...and good luck!

OP
M

MBFlay

Reaction score
Thanks - I did install and try Handcent, but still the same problem persists. Am I wrong in my assumtion that is is a software/hardware issue and NOT because of a weak network signal (as they are telling me - here's a direct quote "Well, if everything else works, just don't send pictures messages from home." Seriously? They do realize how much I pay them each month, correct!? :)

Should I start asking for a new phone?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Weird thing is that (from what I gathered anyway) is that it only happens at home...? It works elsewhere??

DroidForums Junkie!!

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Weird thing is that (from what I gathered anyway) is that it only happens at home...? It works elsewhere??

DroidForums Junkie!!

To put Droid Does's question differently. Can you be at, say the store and send a picture message?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App.

1.)http://www.droidforums.net/forum/re...-dummies-guide-android-terminoligy-lingo.html
2.)http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/70875-what-you-need-know-about-rooting.html
3.)http://www.droidforums.net/forum/re...08-multiple-phones-root-them-unroot-them.html

OP
M

MBFlay

Reaction score
Well herein lies the problem: Everything was working fine (inside my house and outside my house) until Christmas week. The phone at that point was three weeks old, and all pictures I sent were going out fine.

Then things were intermittent, and finally just stopped altogether by Jan 1st. At the Verizon store, it worked fine (of course, so I look like an idiot).

So I get their point. BUT - why does everything else (texting, internet access, etc.) work - and I'm also having this picture problem in other homes... my parent's house, my sister's home, at work. Worked ok at the mall in the Verizon store - but that is honestly the ONLY place it worked. And once yesterday at Tim Horton's in the parking lot. :) It's very strange, but again, this is why I'm thinking it's just a software glitch --?? I am at a loss.