HTC: Thunderbolt to get GB this month

slinky

Reaction score
I just wish we had a bluetooth profile that works with a keyboard properly. It's a standard HID profile and cannot understand what is so difficult about this. Very frustrating.

DROID11

Reaction score
September 24 and were still waiting. If this isn't released next week I'm going to do everything in my power to get the bionic.

cbryant1809

Reaction score
I'm anoyed, I wasn't even thinking about gingerbread, until they posted that it was being released

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Chukee

Reaction score
Has had the update on my phone Non root for 2 days now. Manual update. Other than front cam for skype and a few power consumption settings the gb update is not going to make u go jump over moving cars in excitement of having the update. This gb update is as about of minor update that I have ever received from android. You will be bored of it in about half a day and then your attention will be turned to the next update. ICS.

cbryant1809

Reaction score
Yea I figured as much. I'm not Realy pumped for it or nothin, I just don't like when a company keeps living or when there not specific

cbryant1809

Reaction score
Plus sounds to me that your the only one who got it.

zwegan

Reaction score
Honestly, with the new root method and no data loss, I don't understand why everyone isn't just running a rom.

rbw62

Reaction score
Been runninng GB for 2 days, I love it. It is really different from Froyo. Redesigned interface, faster smoother, much better battery life. It is exciting and nice to have GB.
HOPE there is an OTA this week, which I believe there is.

DroidStang

Reaction score
Where is this manual update, does it do anything differnet than OTA auto update? Like does it just install over top and not screw up every setting?

Has had the update on my phone Non root for 2 days now. Manual update. Other than front cam for skype and a few power consumption settings the gb update is not going to make u go jump over moving cars in excitement of having the update. This gb update is as about of minor update that I have ever received from android. You will be bored of it in about half a day and then your attention will be turned to the next update. ICS.

Chukee

Reaction score
Androidpolice.com is where u can get the ruu. Yes this will erase everything on your phone. Unless Verizon changes something before the ota is put out it will be the same one they let out. If its different when the ota comes out your phone will still update. Doing a manual update won't disable the ota. But if its the same one it will not do the ota since its already on the phone.

dudeitsmattx

Reaction score
Hey I'm downloading the RUU file now, do I need to download the radio also or is it included with the RUU? Also to install the RUU I just need to reboot into recovery and install update.zip right?

dudeitsmattx

Reaction score
Nevermind about the install I see on the site it says to rename the file and flash it in Hboot mood

Chukee

Reaction score
Ok. Don't have to download radio its included in the other file. Whole process should take less than 10 minutes.