HTC Thunderbolt Predictive Text

kornfeld

Reaction score
I'm thinking about switching from my Droid 1 to a Thunderbolt. I went to a Verizon store to play with the phone, and loved it! However, I didn't check to see if it had predictive text, which is one of my favorite features on the Droid. I love that it predicts words with apostrophes so I don't have to add them, I love that it automatically puts a space after words, and I love that a few punctuation options come up automatically after each word so you don't have to switch between keyboards.

So, does the thunderbolt have a comparable predictive text thing? Or is there an option to get something from the market if the phone doesn't have that feature out of the box?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
I'm thinking about switching from my Droid 1 to a Thunderbolt. I went to a Verizon store to play with the phone, and loved it! However, I didn't check to see if it had predictive text, which is one of my favorite features on the Droid. I love that it predicts words with apostrophes so I don't have to add them, I love that it automatically puts a space after words, and I love that a few punctuation options come up automatically after each word so you don't have to switch between keyboards.

So, does the thunderbolt have a comparable predictive text thing? Or is there an option to get something from the market if the phone doesn't have that feature out of the box?

Thanks in advance!

It does have predictive text, but i downloaded swiftkey, as it learns how you type and even guesses the next word for you. Most of the time i can just click on the next word instead of typing it out, and the rest of the time, i can just type the first letter or two before it shows up.

OP
kornfeld

kornfeld

Reaction score
Cool thanks for the quick response. Do you find it to be pretty accurate in its predictions?

km04

Reaction score
Herbert, my man! How are things in Accounts Receivable? kick Myron in the crotch for me!

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
Cool thanks for the quick response. Do you find it to be pretty accurate in its predictions?

No problem, i do find it very accurate, like i had mentioned, it actually gets better over time as well as it learns which words you use together.

There are some sentences i use now where i don't type a single word.

OP
kornfeld

kornfeld

Reaction score
Herbert, my man! How are things in Accounts Receivable? kick Myron in the crotch for me!

Word up playa. Accounts receivable be tight, and Myron be whack. Ain't no thang.

kornfeld out

Sizzled from my Drizoid using DrizoidPhorums App

MrKleen

Reaction score
The stock predictive text on the t-bolt is not as good as Motorola phones. Not even close.

By the time it figures out what word I am typing I am either done typing it or there is only one letter left. I find it to be useless actually. So don't plan on being happy with stock predictive text.

Swiftkey can figure out where you are going much better.

Beardface

Reaction score

Thanks in advance!

It does have predictive text, but i downloaded swiftkey, as it learns how you type and even guesses the next word for you. Most of the time i can just click on the next word instead of typing it out, and the rest of the time, i can just type the first letter or two before it shows up.
+1 on SwiftKey

In fact, I find it better than any other keyboard out there. Swype was nice with the whole not having to tap thing, but with a phone this big, that would be annoying. Not only that, but after SK gets used to your habits and style, its pretty dead on with what you are saying.

OP
kornfeld

kornfeld

Reaction score
Great, thanks for all of the info. Sounds like swiftkey will be the thing to get. Any other must-have apps in your opinions?

y0manda

Reaction score
I am using swype, had out on the D1 and loved it since it's release. the TH is definitely a great step up from the first droid. HTC has really made a quality phone. The camera takes better pictures than I have seen with motorola phones too.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

geoff5093

Reaction score
Just downloaded Swiftkey and love it! The stock onscreen keyboard sucks, I'm used to Moto's auto spacing. Also most of the time the predicted words cover the send button.

OP
kornfeld

kornfeld

Reaction score
I just downloaded SwiftKey as well (I'm typing on it now), and I like it a lot... in fact, it's almost identical to the stock keyboard on the droid, but with a few improvements! Thanks for the tips.

ANGERisMYgift

Reaction score
I use the gingerbread keyboard. Its free and does a good job with predictions and punctuation.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

geoff5093

Reaction score
The predictive words are hilarious actually when you're bored. Type a text to someone using only one word, then keep clicking on the center word SwiftKey thinks you may use, it makes for some pretty funny texts, haha

MrKleen

Reaction score
The predictive words are hilarious actually when you're bored. Type a text to someone using only one word, then keep clicking on the center word SwiftKey thinks you may use, it makes for some pretty funny texts, haha

That's a good idea! Sometimes Swiftkey can form a better text message than I can. Soon we will be able to just choose who we want the message to go to and let Swiftkey think up the rest!