HTC Gasping for Air; New Financial Results Reveal Worst Numbers in Three Years

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
htc-logo-sad-face.jpg

Hopefully that sound you hear coming from HTC isn't a death rattle. The once brief king of the Android world is now truly gasping for air in a continuously hostile environment. They just released their newest financial results and they are really terrible. In fact, the company hasn't made this little money in three years, (since February of 2010). Here's a quote with the particulars,

The Taiwanese company’s reported revenue in February 2013 was a mere NT$11.37 billion, or approximately $384 million.

That’s a staggering 44 percent drop compared to February 2012, and a 26.8 percent drop month-over-month (as in, from January 2013).

In fact, it’s been exactly three years since HTC’s monthly revenues were at this level. Last month, the company reported net income of NT$1 billion (roughly $34 million), the lowest profit it booked since 2004.

All we can say is that as bad as it looks, we still don't think they have hit rock bottom yet. There is still time to turn things around. If they can aggressively market their new HTC One, it is an impressive enough device to help rebuild their reputation somewhat. One other thing might help them crawl out of their hole... listen to your customers and increase the size of your batteries!!!

Source: TheNextWeb

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
-That's what happens when you steal the work of your most loyal customers.

-And make something as ugly as Sense.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
How about bigger batteries? Hmm? Just me?

yep that would help... when its a numbers game across the board htc always loses... they have nice screens but lack in other categories... as of always.. battery... as of recently no SD slot

advertising might help for the masses

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't know what makes a difference as far as sales......but I told my kids mother to get the EVO Design 4G on Boost. She used my Rezound for months..and complained about battery life.

Same thing with the Design 4G.

Now...she is gonna swap it for a Black Berry, LG Venice, or Kyocera. 1 blackberry, 2 Android phones. All 3 have a higher rated battery life. HTC really needs to address battery life.

Last edited:

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
-And make something as ugly as Sense.

Yea, that's ONE OF THE reasons. NOT.

They need to advertise, plain and simple. And they need to release a phone that works on every carrier.
Kind of like Samsung did.
When's the last time you saw an HTC commercial? Was it the one for the HTC ONE X "O look, you can take a picture while shooting video!"
Cuz, y'know, personally I hate that I can't take a picture while shooting video... really HTC? That's your killer feature? *yawn*
And hey... while we are at it... how about we tell all our customers we are going to update their phones by certain dates... and miss those dates either entirely or by 6 months?

Last edited:

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
Yea, that's the reason. NOT.

They need to advertise, plain and simple. And they need to release a phone that works on every carrier.
Kind of like Samsung did.
When's the last time you saw an HTC commercial? Was it the one for the HTC ONE X "O look, you can take a picture while shooting video!"
Cuz, y'know, personally I hate that I can't take a picture while shooting video... really HTC? That's your killer feature? *yawn*
And hey... while we are at it... how about we tell all our customers we are going to update their phones by certain dates... and miss those dates either entirely or by 6 months?

Because that's the only reason I listed right. (;

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised they're still making phones.

ha

Crap! I forgot that part. Well then of course that wouldnt help as much

And speaking of that, why are companies still making carrier specific phones? Seems dumb

B

very dumb indeed.. no ones leaving another carrier to come to Verizon for the DNA... I'm sure years ago many left their carrier to get an iPhone (att only) but the DNA and htc hardly have any kind of cult following or a phone better than the competition

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Because that's the only reason I listed right. (;

Fixed my original post. Happy? :)

UI has zero to do with anyone's success.
Samsung isn't killing it because of TouchWiz. Don't like the UI? There are at least 10 apps for that.

BJPalmer85

Reaction score
ha

very dumb indeed.. no ones leaving another carrier to come to Verizon for the DNA... I'm sure years ago many left their carrier to get an iPhone (att only) but the DNA and htc hardly have any kind of cult following or a phone better than the competition

The DNA is in the top spot for my next phone. I think it would gain a lot of support if it was multi-carrier.

Isnt the DNA one of the best phone out right now?

B

Last edited: