HTC Gasping for Air; New Financial Results Reveal Worst Numbers in Three Years

jseah

Reaction score
ha

very dumb indeed.. no ones leaving another carrier to come to Verizon for the DNA... I'm sure years ago many left their carrier to get an iPhone (att only) but the DNA and htc hardly have any kind of cult following or a phone better than the competition

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

And don't forget that the One X never was released on Verizon, instead Verizon got the Droid Incredible 2.

rabernet

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note Edge
The DNA is in the top spot for my next phone. I think it would gain a lot of support if it was multi-carrier.

Isnt the DNA one of the best phone out right now?

B

I was HTC loyal for several years and thought that the DNA would be the natural upgrade for me. I walked out with the Note 2 instead and couldn't be happier. After years of bump charging my HTC phones to make it through the day, I can go a day and a half on my Note 2 on a moderate useage day, all day on a heavy useage day.

The non-removable battery and no SD slot on the DNA were deal breakers for me, and were the primary reasons that I left HTC behind. I'm an extremely brand loyal consumer, so making the switch was a big deal for me.

I really hope that HTC can get their mojo back - they served me well, but I was too disappointed in the two "downgrades" for me.

BJPalmer85

Reaction score
I was HTC loyal for several years and thought that the DNA would be the natural upgrade for me. I walked out with the Note 2 instead and couldn't be happier. After years of bump charging my HTC phones to make it through the day, I can go a day and a half on my Note 2 on a moderate useage day, all day on a heavy useage day.

The non-removable battery and no SD slot on the DNA were deal breakers for me, and were the primary reasons that I left HTC behind. I'm an extremely brand loyal consumer, so making the switch was a big deal for me.

I really hope that HTC can get their mojo back - they served me well, but I was too disappointed in the two "downgrades" for me.

That's a pretty good assessment. Im not a heavy app user and am by a charger all day so those things dont bother me. The only thing I really store on my phone is picture. The 8gb SD in my D3 isnt even a quarter full.

The camera and the screen were the big selling points for me. Seems like it is still the phone for me. I just hope I dont have the issues ive been reading about, 1 more android phone with issues out the box and I may jump ship.

B

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Maybe HTC just has a really incompetent R&D director..."our research indicates that people want smaller batteries...scored a 1...but oh, look, SenseUI got a 5"

Last edited:

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score

Same here. First had the Incredible then the Rezound , now rolling with the S3, HTC lost me and many others.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Droid Forums

rabernet

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note Edge
That's a pretty good assessment. Im not a heavy app user and am by a charger all day so those things dont bother me. The only thing I really store on my phone is picture. The 8gb SD in my D3 isnt even a quarter full.

The camera and the screen were the big selling points for me. Seems like it is still the phone for me. I just hope I dont have the issues ive been reading about, 1 more android phone with issues out the box and I may jump ship.

B

The bump charging didn't really bother me either, as I always had a charger nearby as well. It was when I'd go out of town for some events where I'd be on a show floor all day with no way to charge my phone, and it would be dead 2/3 through the day that made it unacceptable to me - and that was with an extended battery. Not having to even THINK about what my battery level is throughout the day is so refreshing.

Last edited:

BJPalmer85

Reaction score
The bump charging didn't really bother me either, as I always had a charger nearby as well. It was when I'd go out of town for some events where I'd be on a show floor all day with no way to charge my phone, and it would be dead 2/3 through the day that made it unacceptable to me - and that was with an extended battery. Not having to even THINK about what my battery level is throughout the day is so refreshing.

That is a good point. I dont really see that being a problem for me. Im really just looking for something that is a good phone and wont give me problems like my D2G and D3 have. I do get 14 days and this will be my first HTC phone so I guess I can always just take it back and get the S3 (i wonder if they will let me keep the headphones though)

Funny thing is, Ive seen a lot of reviews where people are claiming this phone lasts them 12-18hrs on one charge.

B

rabernet

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note Edge
That is a good point. I dont really see that being a problem for me. Im really just looking for something that is a good phone and wont give me problems like my D2G and D3 have. I do get 14 days and this will be my first HTC phone so I guess I can always just take it back and get the S3 (i wonder if they will let me keep the headphones though)

Funny thing is, Ive seen a lot of reviews where people are claiming this phone lasts them 12-18hrs on one charge.

B

Have fun with your new phone! It's always fun to get a new "toy" to play with! :biggrin:

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score

B
i can make my phone last me whole day too(if i don't use it), or i can drain it from full to empty in under 3 hours(if i use it non stop). i don't believe forum posters on battery longevity because it's not a controlled environment, if i want to know about battery i go to GSMArena Blog

skennelly

Reaction score
The funny thing is, I remember reading an article about nonremovable batteries and the benefit. They were saying that the advantage of a nonremovable battery was that they are made to have more capacity because they could shape them to "fill in the empty space" in the phone, and yet HTC still can't get this right.