HTC Droid Incredible 2

brian8815

Reaction score
How many of you are looking forward to this? A friend of mine told me about this phone, so I returned my thunderbolt an am waiting for this. I prefer the 4" screen.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
looking forward to it, but not getting it.

not due for an upgrade anytime soon since i upgraded last nov. also don't need 4g yet, and i'm still more thna happy with this device.

OP
B

brian8815

Reaction score
Battery too small at 1450 mAh...

Returning to the aforementioned battery life on the Incredible S, it's pretty darn impressive. In one rundown test, we managed to pass the 12-hour mark with 10 percent of juice left in spite of watching a two-hour movie (Star Trek II, thanks for asking), handling our contraband gadget emails, testing out in-browser Flash playback, and setting aside a few minutes for Angry Birds. There were, of course, periods of the phone just sitting idle (mostly idle, Gmails never stopped coming in), but it's undeniable that the Incredible S leaves predecessors like the Desire and Desire HD looking at the ground in shame. That 1450mAh cell seems to be used judiciously as well, as we noticed the vast majority of power was being consumed by the screen or the apps we had running in the foreground -- exactly the way it ought to be. Should you be content with a slightly lower screen brightness and a little less multimedia action, we can imagine getting a couple of days out of the Incredible S on a regular basis.

atlrus

Reaction score
Well, I had the original INC with 1300mAh battery and such life was only possible in my dream :) the S with bigger screen and more powerful hardware...i doubt it, i can guarantee a sleuth of complains about battery life here.

Was the testing done on Verizon service or with wifi only?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

OP
B

brian8815

Reaction score
Wait, you're complaining about battery life, yet you own an htc thunderbolt?

OP
B

brian8815

Reaction score
Well I'm saying your talking about battery life on a device that's getting great reviews for battery life, but you own a phone that has had horrible reviews about battery life (great reviews overall, just bad battery).

atlrus

Reaction score
Well I'm saying your talking about battery life on a device that's getting great reviews for battery life, but you own a phone that has had horrible reviews about battery life (great reviews overall, just bad battery).

The Inc 2 is not out yet, so there is no real testing done. For comparison, my Inc ate ONLY 40% battery for 2 days on wifi with updates on, weather every hour and gps on. But on Verizon service it would drain 30% overnight idling, i.e. the only thing that changed was the use of the antenna, but that made all the difference between por battery life and an amazing one...

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

danielturner

Reaction score
Yes HTC droid is pretty remarkable

I love The new Htc with 4.3" screen. i can spend my entire day by only using it.

scrizzo

Reaction score
FFC? Dual Core?

No dual core. Same 1ghz MSM8655 + adreno 205, processor found in Thunderbolt and Xperia Play (playstation phone).

FFC is 1.3mp.

I'm really considering buying it on a 1yr contract. By the time the contract is over i'm hoping there will be an OS + apps that utilize dual core processors and a more options of phones that run on the LTE network.

OP
B

brian8815

Reaction score
I too will be buying it on a one year.

New details have come out that it will be released next thursday.