htc incredible vs moto droid... 1ghz vs 2x500mhz?

Reaction score
I had the option of getting either the HTC incredible or the Motorola Droid which I ended up picking. I decided on the droid partly because the Verizon sales rep at the store explained to me that it had 2 processors which basically equaled the same speed as the 1ghz incredible (now I know he meant a cpu and a gpu) and with that issue out of the way, the physical keyboard was much more important than an extra 3mp on the camera.

What I want to know now is, how much of what the rep told me about the dual processors being equal to 1Ghz is true, and if you have used both phones how much more incredible is the incredible? Should I have chosen the Htc after all?

cromo8

Reaction score
processor on droid is 600mhz not a dual core

i have used both stock incredible and droid and incredible def won but when i use my droid rooted and overclocked the incredible doesnt even compare

JFDroid

Reaction score
The Incredible feels faster than the original Droid for two reasons.

First, it has 512Mb RAM, while the Motorola Droid only has 256Mb RAM. Double the RAM means a much smoother feeling phone. Screen transitions, etc. It's all faster.

Second, the 1Ghz processor IS faster, noticeably so, at most tasks. However, the Motorola Droid's GPU still makes the phone better suited for gaming than the Incredible (not to mention the physical keyboard helps, too).

OP
K
Reaction score
Those are the exact answers Im looking for. I am a big gamer, and having the physical keyboard is 10x better when im using my GBA EMU or Genesis EMU the on screen controlls suck. And If I ever start to feel left out on processing speed, ill just root :D

1 question while on the topic of games. Has anyone got Gangstar3 to work on their phone? I have it installed and data downloaded and everything but it just closes everytime I try and open, no force close error message just goes to black screen then home screen. I heard its because it requires more cpu than the droid is capable of.l.. So does that mean it runs on an Incredible?

Barkleyfan

Reaction score
now that you have the right phone, root and grab Froyo and flash. This will open things up in your gaming experience. I'm not a big gamer, but I haven't found anything requiring more than 800mhz with Froyo.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Even if it was dual processors 2 * 500MHz != 1000 MHz (for anything, not just Android devices). For one thing, architecture makes a difference. Clock speed isn't everything.

droid15

Reaction score
Gangstar3? I thought it stopped at Gangstar2 west coast hustle.

Darkseider

Reaction score
now that you have the right phone, root and grab Froyo and flash. This will open things up in your gaming experience. I'm not a big gamer, but I haven't found anything requiring more than 800mhz with Froyo.

Yes yes. Do this! Seriously. Rooted Droid running Froyo and OC'd to 800Mhz and running LauncherPro is HEAVEN. Kinda makes the stock Incredible look bad. Granted the Incredible will be getting Froyo soon as well and its' performance will improve but the stronger GPU and physical keyboard on the Droid make it better for gaming as well.