HTC Droid Incredible 2- about update

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Stelv is NY. I'm wondering if this is a regional thing. Mine is working fine in Atlanta. Let's see where any other people are out. I'll bet it's a regional thing.

My weather clock is working now. May have been regional. Still can't set an update schedule but refreshes on open so its all good.

sent from my inc2

Conz

Reaction score
the weather icon stays on your main screen, stelv? what are your settings b/c i still cant get it to stay

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
the weather icon stays on your main screen, stelv? what are your settings b/c i still cant get it to stay

Yes the icon stays there now. It wasnt before. Maybe power phone off and take battery out and then put back in and power phone back on. I have "update when open selected". Some of the settings still aren't working though.

sent from my inc2

Conz

Reaction score
Yanked the battery yesterday and just reset, same thing. Starting to get on my nerves. Just in case, what is a good weather widget that won't eat my battery? Preferably one I can customize for the home screen? Thanks

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Fancy widget is a nice weather clock widget in the market. There may be a free version.

sent from my inc2

SHAKE_JONES

Reaction score
I use Beautiful Widgets. I have never noticed a drain on the battery and you can set it up to refresh the weather in several intervals. I have mine set to refresh every hour. There are also thousands of different clock/weather/toggle skins to choose from to match your current theme.

This is my setup right now, Its the "Small Home Weather" widget with "Naked Droid" skin for the clock and the stock weather skin.

snap20110713_232431.png

nikecar

Reaction score
I use Beautiful Widgets. I have never noticed a drain on the battery and you can set it up to refresh the weather in several intervals. I have mine set to refresh every hour. There are also thousands of different clock/weather/toggle skins to choose from to match your current theme.

This is my setup right now, Its the "Small Home Weather" widget with "Naked Droid" skin for the clock and the stock weather skin.

snap20110713_232431.png
that is nice, where did you get them...

SHAKE_JONES

Reaction score
You can download beautiful widgets from the market and the skin chooser is in the app

There are a total of 11 widgets and several toggle widgets included

Sent from my Incredible 2 using DroidForums

Conz

Reaction score
really dig having the messages there instead of the personalize button. that's not somethng you can customize with the factory settings is it? I know $2 is nothing, but i dont want to buy apps yet

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have purchased both Beautiful Widgets and Fancy Widgets in the past. Both are good. I am actually using FW now instead of the HTC weather clock. Fancy Widget has a free version with a skin changer if you want to try it out first.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think auto sync may fix the htc weather clock problems. Go to accts and sync in settings and turn on auto sync. Auto sync drains battery a bit though, but should fix issues with widget.

Conz

Reaction score
that sucks b/c i dont want auto sync on, nor did i have it on before the update and i never had a problem with the weather widget

SHAKE_JONES

Reaction score
really dig having the messages there instead of the personalize button. that's not somethng you can customize with the factory settings is it? I know $2 is nothing, but i dont want to buy apps yet

No its actually launcher pro sense. You can customize all the dock buttons

evinkay

Reaction score

No its actually launcher pro sense. You can customize all the dock buttons

Can specify which sense app because there's a couple up there. Also, what did u use to customze the icons on the top bar