Root on Incredible 2

Darkpsycho

Reaction score
So i think after reading up to like the 22nd page of hbsurfer's impending breakdown.. i'll wait till a perma-root is up. I believe it's till temp root isn't it? Regardless.. CM7 only has nightlies up for the Incredible 2 and i'd also like to hold off on voiding my warranty should anything happen. I'm satisfied with stock atm, battery is good and everything works.

Btw does the CM7 wiki on how to root still work because i know that was a couple of days before GB was released.

anguish

Reaction score
If you have Froyo, permaroot still exists. If you have GB, and aren't S-OFF, there isn't even a temproot.

Darkpsycho

Reaction score
Yea I thought so. I'm sure they will come out with root access for people who updated to GB.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
There are instructions on rootzwiki to unroot the Inc2, but if you're not familiar with adb at all, they're not real detailed...

OP
D

darinr80

Reaction score
For those running Froyo, once you achieved S-OFF, you could run permanent root. This meant you wouldn't receive the OTA GB update. But, someone released Gingersense which I installed after getting permanent root. From what I understand, if you were running Froyo and updated to the Verizon OTA GB update, you cannot root.

I am still curious if anyone who rooted and installed Gingersense is having issues. hbsurfer is the only person I've seen so far who has issues. My phone runs fast and has all the bloatware removed thanks to permanent root and Gingersense.