2.3.3 rooting

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
The bloatware isn't a major issue on this device unrooted because of the amount of ram and free memory it has. Also the processor performs well. You can use go launcher ex to kill running bloatware at times if you want. Just don't kill apps you use or over do it because it will drain battery a little.

sent from my inc2

OP
woahdroid

woahdroid

Reaction score
I know It is really quick. But I can't imagine the speed of it without bloatware? I think that it can't be any faster really but id like to find out.

sent from my HTC Droid Incredible 2

phillybizzle

Reaction score
there isn't a SBF flasher or files for the incredible 2, like there is for motorolas?? I used to have a droid x2, and it was sooo nice to switch back and fourth from froyo to gb just with one click

phillybizzle

Reaction score
there isn't a SBF flasher or files for the incredible 2, like there is for motorolas?? I used to have a droid x2, and it was sooo nice to switch back and fourth from froyo to gb just with one click

ABQNM

Reaction score
The bloatware isn't a major issue on this device unrooted because of the amount of ram and free memory it has. Also the processor performs well. You can use go launcher ex to kill running bloatware at times if you want. Just don't kill apps you use or over do it because it will drain battery a little.

sent from my inc2

I somewhat agree with this, but not entirely. Of the 768mb of ram, 530 is accessible to the user. Of that 530, when brand new and no apps installed, I had 182mb free. Out of 768mb of ram, all the bloat and sense take up a whopping 586mb of ram. I understand how Android memory management works, so I know that they area all not necessarily running at that time but may be inactive in memory, but still, 76% of the device RAM is used by the software that ships on the phone... Yeah I call that a bit of a joke. Let's add more ram so we can cram more crap into it. /rant

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea sense uses a lot of memory but at least it is good at managing it and is optimized for speed. Inc2 and TB still have more free ram at any given time than any other VZW device at the moment. Sense doesn't detract from the user experience at all and does not bog down the system or create lag, like blur or touchwiz. This phone would definitely benefit from being de-bloated, but the bloat doesn't cause any issues at the moment. Although I do hate all the vcast junk on this phone.

sent from my inc2

ABQNM

Reaction score
Yea sense uses a lot of memory but at least it is good at managing it and is optimized for speed. Inc2 and TB still have more free ram at any given time than any other VZW device at the moment. Sense doesn't detract from the user experience at all and does not bog down the system or create lag, like blur or touchwiz. This phone would definitely benefit from being de-bloated, but the bloat doesn't cause any issues at the moment. Although I do hate all the vcast junk on this phone.

sent from my inc2

Agreed. It doesn't bog down at all. I don't believe you can directly compare blur, touchwiz and sense since they all run on different processor platforms, but I do agree that this combo of sense and the Qualcomm processor works well. I use GO Launcher so some of the sense stuff doesn't run and I just hide the bloat in the launcher. Don't see a need to overclock but root would be nice so I can use root call blocker. I have not used HTC phones in a few years but I have to say that the quality has improved massively. I actually like the device.

Sent from my brain using human to phone transport technology.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes I agree HTC has the perfect balance of hardware and software on this device. I use go launcher ex also. It's my new favorite launcher.

sent from my inc2

xmguy

Reaction score
I need root access bad to restore my phone using Titanium Backup. How close is GB to getting S-Off + ROOT?

Last edited:

ABQNM

Reaction score
I need root access bad to restore my phone using Titanium Backup. How close is GB to getting S-Off + ROOT?

You should be able to use titanium backup to restore the apps but not the user data, iirc when not rooted.

incrediboy729

Reaction score
So is revolutionary not designed for Gingerbread? Because it failed to root my Dinc2 as well.

Darkpsycho

Reaction score
No the revolutionary is not for gingerbread?. The only way to root the Droid Incredible 2 with gingerbread is with an xtc clip.

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2

ABQNM

Reaction score
Agreed. There is no known software exploit for the incredible 2 gingerbread yet. Or if it has been discovered it is not public yet.

OP
woahdroid

woahdroid

Reaction score
what about gingerbreak? is that able to work, it works for the droid X, how about the incredible?

ABQNM

Reaction score
what about gingerbreak? is that able to work, it works for the droid X, how about the incredible?

Nope. All known software exploits do not work on Gingerbread for the dinc2.