How do I get clockwork Mod? I'm confused

joemustang

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Obtaining S off looks fairly easy. However, I don't understand the directions to get Clockwork Mod. HTC Incredible 2: Full Update Guide - CyanogenMod Wiki

I'm coming from a rooted D1 that was rooted with an APP that did everything for me... I've been doing some research and from what I have been reading the Alpharevx program gives you the option for THEM to install clockworks for you? Is this true? Or do I have to do it myself and follow the directions in that WIKI I linked above?

thanks

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes - in the middle of Alpharevx doing it's thing, it stops and asks you if you want it to download/flash clockwork for you.

OP
J

joemustang

Reaction score
OK great thanks. So after it loads the clockworrks, I should have root after?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
does this work for the GB OTA update as well?

Nope, if you took the GB ota you're out of luck unless you buy a XTC Clip - until the powers that be root GB anyway...

--
sent from my Inc2

kingsway8605

Reaction score
The easiest and safest way to get clockwork mod after root ia install rom manager from the market and flash it.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

OP
J

joemustang

Reaction score
The easiest and safest way to get clockwork mod after root ia install rom manager from the market and flash it.

OK, this is what I was thinking.. Why don't they just tell you that haha? I already have that app from when I rooted the D1. so that works. So if the ALpha fails to install cloackworks then I can just boot up the phone again, and go into rom manager and flash Clockworks through Rom Manager then? its that simple?

kingsway8605

Reaction score

OK, this is what I was thinking.. Why don't they just tell you that haha? I already have that app from when I rooted the D1. so that works. So if the ALpha fails to install cloackworks then I can just boot up the phone again, and go into rom manager and flash Clockworks through Rom Manager then? its that simple?

Don't even use alpha to install cwm. Just use rom manager. You will be happy you did later on when you want to flash a rom using rom manager. Just note, rom manager stores a file on your sdcard reminding it what phone you have. If you are using your droids sdcard in your incredible, make sure you delete the file on your sdcard before using rom manager for anything.

Ferminator

Reaction score
I used to have a rooted Droid with Gingerbread. I rooted with Universal Androot and flashed it using Rom Manager. No hassles, really. Got mugged and now bought a Droid X with 2.2 Froyo.

I recently rooted it using Z4root.1.3.0, then installed Rom Mgr, fixed permissions and succesfully flashed clockworkmod recovery using Motorola Droid X model.

But when I try to backup my current ROM, the phone crashes and reboot.

Tried to find a solution using the search tool but haven't found it.

What can I do?

kingsway8605

Reaction score
I used to have a rooted Droid with Gingerbread. I rooted with Universal Androot and flashed it using Rom Manager. No hassles, really. Got mugged and now bought a Droid X with 2.2 Froyo.

I recently rooted it using Z4root.1.3.0, then installed Rom Mgr, fixed permissions and succesfully flashed clockworkmod recovery using Motorola Droid X model.

But when I try to backup my current ROM, the phone crashes and reboot.

Tried to find a solution using the search tool but haven't found it.

What can I do?

Try this in this order. Uninstall rom manager. Delete clockworkmod folder from sdcard. Install rom manager. Pick flash alternate recovery near the bottom of rom manager. Flash sprecovery. Reflash clockwork recovery.

Ferminator

Reaction score
kingsway8605 said:
Try this in this order. Uninstall rom manager. Delete clockworkmod folder from sdcard. Install rom manager. Pick flash alternate recovery near the bottom of rom manager. Flash sprecovery. Reflash clockwork recovery.

Thanks, I uninstalled ROM mgr, deleted clockworkmod folder from sdcard, re-installed ROM mgr but the flash alternate recovery option was not available (gray) so I got stuck again.

I flashed clockworkmod recovery using Motorola Droid X model and then tried to back up rom again and crashed.

Delete clockworkmod folder and update.zip from sdcard, reflashed but now as Droid X (2-init), OK, then tried to back up rom again and crashed.

I'm lost and feel crappy as a newb.

kingsway8605

Reaction score
kingsway8605 said:

Thanks, I uninstalled ROM mgr, deleted clockworkmod folder from sdcard, re-installed ROM mgr but the flash alternate recovery option was not available (gray) so I got stuck again.

I flashed clockworkmod recovery using Motorola Droid X model and then tried to back up rom again and crashed.

Delete clockworkmod folder and update.zip from sdcard, reflashed but now as Droid X (2-init), OK, then tried to back up rom again and crashed.

You are just going to have to manually flash it in this case

ABQNM

Reaction score
kingsway8605 said:

Hope this helps:

1. You may get more response and less confusion by posting in the Droid X forum instead of the Incredible 2 forum.

2. How are you initiating the backup? From ROM manager or directly through CWM?

3. In ROM Manager, there is a setting for Quick Backup (it hides the progress bars) and for some people it causes issues. Turn it off and try rebooting to recovery and initiate the backup from there, not through rom manager. Also don't use the 2nd init CWM unless you are running a 2nd init ROM.