Stuck in bootloop, how do I boot into clockwork?

SWFLDroid

Reaction score
Stuck in bootloop, how do I boot into clockwork? (Solved)

I have searched and found several suggestions but none have been successful, is there a way to get D2 to boot directly into clockwork so I can restore and try again?

Last edited:
OP
S

SWFLDroid

Reaction score
How do you mean? Right now phone is off, battery out. Powering on results in boot loop. I need to manually boot into clockwork if possible

PTREE818

Reaction score
Yes Hello .. K . Pop open your keyboard and find its gonna b either up arrow or magnafying glass.ooops i mean x button
thought u wanted boot loader.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Do a few battery pulls. It's somewhat random if it goes into clockwork or not when you're bootstrapped, could be the first try, could be 20th. Also, try plugging it into the wall charger, and then try to boot up when the battery charging screen pops up aswell. Usually gets D2s, Dx's, D2G's into clockwork.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
S

SWFLDroid

Reaction score
Yes Hello .. K . Pop open your keyboard and find its gonna b either up arrow or magnafying glass.

Could you be more specific? I have powered up both ways and only gotten into bootloader, haven't been able to get into clockwork

OP
S

SWFLDroid

Reaction score
Ive tried several battery pulls, power up holding search, power up holding up arrow, power up holding x, battery pull and plug in to get charge screen and then push power, so far I have gotten to bootloader and the droid/exclaimation triangle screen. Any way to get to clockwork from either of those?

OP
S

SWFLDroid

Reaction score
can I do anything from the droid/triangle exclaimation point screen?

NYCSean

Reaction score
can I do anything from the droid/triangle exclaimation point screen?

Yes, you can wipe data from stock android recovery. When you get to the exclamation point slide the keyboard and press the magnifying glass if your on 2.3.2. Id your on 2.2
3 leaked gingerbread instead of pressing the magnifying glass press vol up and down together

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
S

SWFLDroid

Reaction score
Is that my only option, start from scratch? I thought I could re flash to a functional save point?

OP
S

SWFLDroid

Reaction score
Not sure I follow? I should go ahead and "wipe data/factory reset?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can. If you have a nandroid backup. Otherwise, you'll have to wipe data.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
S

SWFLDroid

Reaction score
I don't even know what a nandroid backup is, lol. Hopefully it is what I did when I did backups before flashing a couple ROMs

Please forgive my ignorance and thanks for the help!