[HowTo] Wifi Mount your DROID - Discussion

JoeKickass

Reaction score
Thanks for this tutorial, worked so good for me I slapped a monkey.

tehpriest

Reaction score
Agree with all the above. Remote file transfer if I leave something at home :icon_ lala:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
Right now I just use drop box and logmein whenever i need to get files from my computer i just throw them into drop box and than go from there when im working remotely, however when im home i used the websharing app. But setting up an ftp would be great so i dont need to have the same wifi network connected to transfer files and wouldnt need to remote into home to get to drop files into the drop box.

i tried using the tutorial and setup everything right however i keep getting a message that says "login failed: please check the internet connection timeout was reached"

does anyone know how to fix this? otherwise ill just keep using the longer more annoying way :icon_eek:

k1ng617

Reaction score
So I managed to get my SDcard mounted and files transferred over. I am using FTPserver and filezilla, but my phone does not seem to recognize the newly transferred files until i unmount then mount using the usb cable. Anyone know an easier way to get the files to show on the phone?

Wolfy

Reaction score
Yes - look in the Market for a free app called 'SD Mount'...when you run it, it simply refreshes your SD card so the phone sees any new files added to it.

k1ng617

Reaction score
Yes - look in the Market for a free app called 'SD Mount'...when you run it, it simply refreshes your SD card so the phone sees any new files added to it.

Thanks thats exactly what I just did and it works as promised

patrickf

Reaction score
amazing

thanks so much to the guy who came up with this. netdrive didn't work so hot for me on XP, was very sluggish/slow browsing and transfer. was about to give up and just for the heck of it tried good old coffee cup free ftp, which i've used for years - winner! full 54g speeds. this combined with es file explorer gives complete cordless freedom, like someone else here said. lovin it
:icon_ banana:

benjaway

Reaction score
Thanks!

This has been driving me nuts for at least a week now! I used WS_FTP on my laptop instead of netdrive but still super psyched. thanks again

Droidinary

Reaction score
No content visible

Hi Tigger,

Great work, but can you tell me why I don't see any content while using netdrive. all maps show empty.
Windows Eplorer shows me all the maps, but no content.
I also tried Total Commander via the wifi url, it connects well, but as soon as I open a map, this shows up:CWD [mapname] and [550 invalid name or chroot violation]
so I need help.:blink:

mmm I helped myself, the solution is to change the stay within folder to /mnt/sdcard.

Works well.

Cheers Droidinary