Howto get POP3 emails from Outlook to my Droid

Acube5

Reaction score
Can anyone help me figure this out! How can I get my Outlook emails to my Motorola Droid without having to go through gmail. I would like to keep them separate if I can. I've tried Companion Link but it just pulls contacts, calendar,etc. but not email. Tried K-9 app and that didn't work either. Could there be something that needs to be changed with the server at my office? It is not Exchange but just a regular POP3.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can anyone help me figure this out! How can I get my Outlook emails to my Motorola Droid without having to go through gmail. I would like to keep them separate if I can. I've tried Companion Link but it just pulls contacts, calendar,etc. but not email. Tried K-9 app and that didn't work either. Could there be something that needs to be changed with the server at my office? It is not Exchange but just a regular POP3.

What can I say? It's a google phone and gmail is set up to have you route your mail through them.

You can do it on your phone by using the mail app, I'm not quite sure how that works but if K9 won't do it either I don't know what to say. Let me at least put this in here for you maybe it will help: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...66-droid-hints-pop3-gmail-forwarding-you.html

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Unless it is a corp acc, there is no reason you shouldnt be able to access that email server, and I would do it IMAP on your Droid.

I have no issues drawing 3-7 typical domain email accounts thru the default client...

If in doubt, go to your IT person. Or do you know your specific server settings? I can assist.

Last edited:

Booch_21

Reaction score
RW is correct. I am pulling in 5 e-mail accounts through the default app by using IMAP. Don't try to use POP3. You will need to get server settings and ports to get this to work. You don't have to route all e-mail through GMail if you do not want to.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks Booch,

I've never seen a reason to do pop3 on a mobile, or even a laptop (unless that lappy was your only system).

By using imap, you can manipulate your email, delete what you don't want to save, and still bring it down to your home (or work) system.

Imap got pushed to the background by most isp's with webmail becoming prominent, but it is very useful, and the mail is not dl'd onto your Droid (in this case).

Get me your pop server name and port used if not the default, username, password.

For smtp, use your ISP smtp server, and you will use the logon for your ISP account.

:)