How's this battery life?

scott craft

Reaction score
I updated from the leaked ics to the official version. How is this battery life? This is with LTE off, some WiFi and some 3G. I don't think this is that good, but I do use the phone a lot.

acejavelin

Reaction score
For a standard battery, getting 3.5 hours screen time and about an hour of talk time over almost 10 hours seems about average to me, you could probably squeak out a little moer if you lower the display brightness to about 20-25% (low), the screen is what will kill ya. This is still better than what my Samsung Stratosphere would get though.

OP
S

scott craft

Reaction score
I knew I was forgetting to mention something. I'm using an extended battery. Guess that means my battery life is pretty poor.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I noticed it said your average life is 13+ hours. That's about what I'm getting on my extended battery as well.
I would check your phone radio stats and see how much is in the low, that's my biggest battery vampire, usually about 40% or more for me.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

OP
S

scott craft

Reaction score
Thanks. I might be expecting more out of this phone than I should. I'm going to drain it to 15% tomorrow evening when I go to work, turn it off and charge it. Hope that will help some. I usually have access to some type of charger, but I was under the impression with the extended battery it would last a reallly long time.

acejavelin

Reaction score
Honestly, with this device the one draw back is the battery life, depending what you compare it too it is dreadful, but that is the trade-off we pay for having the best display and radios of any Android device on the market today!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I might be expecting more out of this phone than I should. I'm going to drain it to 15% tomorrow evening when I go to work, turn it off and charge it. Hope that will help some. I usually have access to some type of charger, but I was under the impression with the extended battery it would last a reallly long time.

It will last a really long time if you have good to great signal but the phone is going to up its radio power output attempting to get a better or any signal in weak areas.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

Snoking

Reaction score
mountainbikermark said:
It will last a really long time if you have good to great signal but the phone is going to up its radio power output attempting to get a better or any signal in weak areas.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

Nothing has changed in the department from the very beginning of cell phones. Weak signal or looking for signal eats the battery up quickly.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nothing has changed in the department from the very beginning of cell phones. Weak signal or looking for signal eats the battery up quickly.

But it doesn't show up in most stats, hence many can't understand why some phones can go a year between charges on a standard battery while the rest of us bask in mediocrity, even with an extended battery.
With my Incredible1 the place I go camping has such good signal I'd leave my charger at home when camping for the weekend , and have plenty of battery to spare even after heavy usage, yet charging every day when near my home is a must, even with light usage.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

Last edited:

jrp

Reaction score
I love this phone but battery life is brutal. I've got

Stock HTC 1620mah
Extended HTC 27xxmah
2 Ebay 1800mah
2 Ebay 3500mah

Running NeoMax: Adrenaline 1.5 (ICS .10 leak) LTE off, screen 50% at all times, sycn only gmail, ect. Basically running pretty bare bones and I still feel tied down to the charger.

drew96dawg

Reaction score
aefd7491-4d5f-e2a3.jpg

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

OP
S

scott craft

Reaction score
But it doesn't show up in most stats, hence many can't understand why some phones can go a year between charges on a standard battery while the rest of us bask in mediocrity, even with an extended battery.
With my Incredible1 the place I go camping has such good signal I'd leave my charger at home when camping for the weekend , and have plenty of battery to spare even after heavy usage, yet charging every day when near my home is a must, even with light usage.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

You're might be right about phone radio, but everytime I check my battery stats the screen and apps are taking up most of the battery. If I actually make phone calls the stats reflect that. This is definitely a head-scratcher for me.

I love this phone but battery life is brutal. I've got

Stock HTC 1620mah
Extended HTC 27xxmah
2 Ebay 1800mah
2 Ebay 3500mah

Running NeoMax: Adrenaline 1.5 (ICS .10 leak) LTE off, screen 50% at all times, sycn only gmail, ect. Basically running pretty bare bones and I still feel tied down to the charger.

I feel like I get adequate battery life, but I was expecting more. Hope my next phone does better.

aefd7491-4d5f-e2a3.jpg

This looks a lot like mine after a couple of hours except for the phone radio.

PatG

Reaction score
I don't understand understand what gsam battery is telling me. I am vacationing in a low reception area. Per the app radio is at 1% screen is at 23% and apps are at 72%. Of that Kernel is at 20%. That means turning off radios or dimming screen shouldn't matter.

What gives? Running ICS is definitely worse on the batteries. Right now on vacation I am out of power by 3 pm with stock battery.

drew96dawg

Reaction score
I don't understand understand what gsam battery is telling me. I am vacationing in a low reception area. Per the app radio is at 1% screen is at 23% and apps are at 72%. Of that Kernel is at 20%. That means turning off radios or dimming screen shouldn't matter.

What gives? Running ICS is definitely worse on the batteries. Right now on vacation I am out of power by 3 pm with stock battery.

Are you rooted? If so are you still on stock?