Help w/ the ICS update. My battery life is horrible, Notifications don't always work

DroDough

Reaction score
mountainbikermark said:
In the short term yes it helps but it wears your battery out sooner
http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/charging_lithium_ion_batteries

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

That is a good article. Thank you for sharing that. I am sure there are many people in the forums that will read and follow that. In the mean time I will continue to use this method as well as using the built in task killer, when this battery dies, I will be sure to get on amazon for a new one. Also just to make things clear I only let the battery fully discharge the first couple days. Since then I am able to take my phone off the charger at 730 am when leaving for work, I am currently sitting at 30% after 13 hours of good use. I will usually be around 15% when I plug in when I go to bed between 11-12. For those who have responded to me, you have very good points that some should consider before taking my advice. I would not want some one to damage their battery following my advice and then contact me upset about it.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That is a good article. Thank you for sharing that. I am sure there are many people in the forums that will read and follow that. In the mean time I will continue to use this method as well as using the built in task killer, when this battery dies, I will be sure to get on amazon for a new one. Also just to make things clear I only let the battery fully discharge the first couple days. Since then I am able to take my phone off the charger at 730 am when leaving for work, I am currently sitting at 30% after 13 hours of good use. I will usually be around 15% when I plug in when I go to bed between 11-12. For those who have responded to me, you have very good points that some should consider before taking my advice. I would not want some one to damage their battery following my advice and then contact me upset about it.

What would they do? Sue your user name? Though I'm sure when Apple figures a way to patent and sue for forum user name infringement they will. ;)
Anyway , I linked that article not to attempt to change anyone's mind, prove anyone right or wrong, just found it relative to the conversation.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

DroDough

Reaction score
mountainbikermark said:
What would they do? Sue your user name? Though I'm sure when Apple figures a way to patent and sue for forum user name infringement they will. ;)
Anyway , I linked that article not to attempt to change anyone's mind, prove anyone right or wrong, just found it relative to the conversation.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

That's how I looked at it when you posted the article. I did find it informative. Thanks for putting it here.