battery life

sublimewade

Reaction score
I get about 38 hours with extended battery with 4 g on constantly. If I use it a lot 24 hours

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Snoking

Reaction score
I once openned a old desk phone to fine a weight mounted on the plastic hand set to make it feel right.

From day one with my VZW extended battery I have not given the standard batt a second thought.

Last edited:

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
sublimewade said:
I get about 38 hours with extended battery with 4 g on constantly. If I use it a lot 24 hours

That's what I get also. I have never looked backed at my standard battery.

Islander53

Reaction score

What's the mAh (power rating) of this battery you're using? Is this just on standby and do you have any Apps, e-mail etc running ???

Last edited:

Tha187um

Reaction score

I am sorry to doubt you, but can you show us a screenshot?

LOL this is mine, yes, 2:24 down to 14% from 100%...

That was after two flashings of the latest global RUU... replaced battery and it was no different...

After acejavelin here suggested to use GSAM and see what is going on, I again wiped out everything, TWICE and flashed a new rom based on the latest global RUU and it got better, not GREAT but compared to the 1.5 to 3.5 I was averaging with LIGHT use, this 9 hours I am getting now on light use is much better...

BTW, I am trying a different battery and I seem to be averaging about the same... I noticed the first 10% drops in about an hour and a half, the second 10% in about an hour. and gradually it goes dropping... then it goes to 10% drop in like 30 minutes, that's without additional usage...
View attachment 56106

Last edited:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Tha187, looking at your gsam screenshot, there appears to be an app or two that is using a lot of battery, especially with so little screen time. Click on app usage to see which apps are using your battery. Your screen time should be the highest, app percentage should be much lower... the exception may be you listening to a lot of music with screen off.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

Tha187um

Reaction score
Tha187, looking at your gsam screenshot, there appears to be an app or two that is using a lot of battery, especially with so little screen time. Click on app usage to see which apps are using your battery. Your screen time should be the highest, app percentage should be much lower... the exception may be you listening to a lot of music with screen off.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

oh def most of my cycles always has apps at 60+ % usage...

this is with minimal apps installed, I will upload some screenshots from right now, though currently I show more apps than stock, the battery life remains the same, so the added apps have not made much of a difference...

Remember, I had this issue even with a fresh RUU install and just necessary apps.

Last edited:

Tha187um

Reaction score
Update

Hi everyone, I'm back, I will like to share that the awesome people at VZW are amazing... After going to the store and being told that nothing could be done for me as it's a known issue of the battery getting hot and draining fast, that a replacement cannot be ordered. well after getting fed up of my 3 hours of battery life with light use.

I called, and withing 10 minutes he apologized and sent out a replacement... now here's my screenshot of what I am averaging WITH THE SAME battery as before... and this is with all the same apps loaded as before.

View attachment 56695

acejavelin

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm back, I will like to share that the awesome people at VZW are amazing... After going to the store and being told that nothing could be done for me as it's a known issue of the battery getting hot and draining fast, that a replacement cannot be ordered. well after getting fed up of my 3 hours of battery life with light use.

I called, and withing 10 minutes he apologized and sent out a replacement... now here's my screenshot of what I am averaging WITH THE SAME battery as before... and this is with all the same apps loaded as before.

View attachment 56695
Glad to hear it... so I think you are saying you got a replacement Rezound?

Note to piss you off but this still seems bad compared to mine, here is a shot of light use on my Rezound... 64% remaining with 9 hours use, actually seems kinda worse than I am used too, I am normally in the mid-70% at 10 hours light use on a Laza 1750mAh standard size battery.

View attachment 56700

Tha187um

Reaction score
LOL yes, I got a replacement rezound :)

that's cool, I've seen several members post similar #'s I'll be honest yes i envy you, but even when i first bought the phone, I never managed more than what im getting right now.. so going back to 14 hours is amazing for me lol. all I really want is a phone i do not have to plug in during the day and have battery on the drive home... Like the saying goes, can't miss what you've never had. :)

I would proabably get your #'s with the razr MAXX, imagine what you would get :)

Im sure other factors play a role, temeperature? where are you from? Im in Miami, so speacially on the drive home that the car is 100+ degrees I notice a faster drain, my signal has been crappy lately, sometimes I drop to 1x in a spot I normally get great 3 and 4g.

acejavelin

Reaction score
LOL yes, I got a replacement rezound :)

that's cool, I've seen several members post similar #'s I'll be honest yes i envy you, but even when i first bought the phone, I never managed more than what im getting right now.. so going back to 14 hours is amazing for me lol. all I really want is a phone i do not have to plug in during the day and have battery on the drive home... Like the saying goes, can't miss what you've never had. :)

I would proabably get your #'s with the razr MAXX, imagine what you would get :)

Im sure other factors play a role, temeperature? where are you from? Im in Miami, so speacially on the drive home that the car is 100+ degrees I notice a faster drain, my signal has been crappy lately, sometimes I drop to 1x in a spot I normally get great 3 and 4g.
I could probably get 3 days out of a Razr Maxx.

Temperature could well be an issue... I am in Bismarck, ND, right now it is 36 degrees with sleet, my signal levels are impeccable 95% of the time better than -70dBm with constant 4G (I live and work within 1 mile of a 4G tower, typically in line of sight of it). Don't laugh though, we see plenty of 90-100 degrees days plus ones that are -20 for highs too (touchscreens don't like really cold temps, or gloves!)

Right now I am at 36% battery, 15 hrs 48 min on battery and 9 hrs remaining... 1 hr 24 min phone calls, 1 hr 37 min screen time, 41 min WiFi :icon_ devil:

Now, if I have to run into the rural areas for work and get into some area that that 3G is not even available, or you have to drive out of town and get on top of a hill to make a phone call... yeah, my phone sucks power out of a battery like fruit in a juicer! Sometimes I am charging or changing batteries (I carry a spare pair of standard batteries and a stand-alone charger in my laptop bag) multiple times a day, so I get where you are coming from.

Last edited:

cdm369

Reaction score
acejavelin said:
I could probably get 3 days out of a Razr Maxx.

Temperature could well be an issue... I am in Bismarck, ND, right now it is 36 degrees with sleet, my signal levels are impeccable 95% of the time better than -70dBm with constant 4G (I live and work within 1 mile of a 4G tower, typically in line of sight of it). Don't laugh though, we see plenty of 90-100 degrees days plus ones that are -20 for highs too (touchscreens don't like really cold temps, or gloves!)

Right now I am at 36% battery, 15 hrs 48 min on battery and 9 hrs remaining... 1 hr 24 min phone calls, 1 hr 37 min screen time, 41 min WiFi :icon_ devil:

Now, if I have to run into the rural areas for work and get into some area that that 3G is not even available, or you have to drive out of town and get on top of a hill to make a phone call... yeah, my phone sucks power out of a battery like fruit in a juicer! Sometimes I am charging or changing batteries (I carry a spare pair of standard batteries and a stand-alone charger in my laptop bag) multiple times a day, so I get where you are coming from.

These numbers are like mine, but I'm on the extended battery. Stock battery with same use only last 8 hours. I do usually have 1 hour more screen time than you.

acejavelin

Reaction score
These numbers are like mine, but I'm on the extended battery. Stock battery with same use only last 8 hours. I do usually have 1 hour more screen time than you.
I typically get anywhere from 1.5 to 3 hours screen time, depends on the brightness which I keep on Auto most of the time... if I am outside a lot, like Geocaching, the battery goes a lot faster than if I am indoors or in "less well lit" areas just do to screen brightness. I disliked the extended battery (too heavy and bulky for my taste, and few case options), sold mine to a co-worker and got a pair of Laza 1750mAh standard size batteries with a case and external charger and been pretty happy with it, I don't mind swapping batteries sometimes. I have just accepted the fact that because of the impeccable radios and screen on this phone, the price is battery life, but I still like to try to squeeze out a little extra when I can.

cdm369

Reaction score
I wanted to try the slim extended battery but I seem to have seen a lot of negativity about it.

acejavelin

Reaction score