Howdy & HELP!

edpaul

Reaction score
Glad to find this forum. I thought I could live without Outlook Sync, but now I'm not a happy camper. I've had my Moto Droid for about 3 weeks now, and I already miss my Outlook Sync. (I had an unfathomably unreliable WinMo Samsung Omnia before this, but at least it synced cleanly.)
I use Outlook 2007 on my desktop PC and my traveling laptop, with my PST file on a flash drive, so I can use either machine without having to sync the two. I have three HotMail accounts, two GMail accounts, and a Mail.com account, all of which I can access via Outlook on my PC or laptop. I also use Outlook for my contacts, calendar, and tasks. (I did the .CSV export to get the contacts to my Droid, but there's been no subsequent syncing.)
Now, I can get my GMail very easily and quickly on the Droid, but I can't get to my other accounts except via browser webmail pages. I tried the (corporate?) e-mail app on the droid, but it constantly searched for mail, and used up the battery in a hurry.
I've looked at several potential solutions, even tried a couple. ConpanionLink looked like a good possibility, but it gets expensive when you spend 40 bucks for the Droid app, another 40 for the PC app, and more yet to hook up USB or wireless. (Or am I reading their website wrong?) I'm not sure about relying on Google to continue to provide free, secure, and easily accessible cloud storage for my data, so I'd prefer not to go that way.
Any help out there? Thanks!