[How To] Unlock Bootloader & Root Galaxy Nexus

x25064

Reaction score
Pdanet won't install, says driver installation failed. I'm getting all kinds of failed driver problems with this phone and these drivers.

Any ideas?

jleeusa

Reaction score
Pdanet won't install, says driver installation failed. I'm getting all kinds of failed driver problems with this phone and these drivers.

Any ideas?

Uninstall what you have, download everything again. Basically start over from scratch. I had similar issues and changed computers, no problem. Go figure.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

x25064

Reaction score
Nevermind, I somehow cleared the issues out. EDIT: thanks jlee

For others who have this problem:
-go to my computer
-right click>properties>device manager
-find your phone in the list, should have some sort of error icon on it
-uninstall the errored deviced
-unplug nad replug your phone in
-drivers should install normally as "samsung adb"

Hopefully that helps anyone with the same problem.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I'm trying to help someone with this method through gtalk. We "think" all the drivers are installed, but at the point where they go to unlock it, they get this, "fastboot-windows is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file". I didnt have this problem so it has us stumped. Anyone get this & figure out why?

lfylove

Reaction score
I'm trying to help someone with this method through gtalk. We "think" all the drivers are installed, but at the point where they go to unlock it, they get this, "fastboot-windows is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file". I didnt have this problem so it has us stumped. Anyone get this & figure out why?

Start from step one and go through again worked for me. Make sure phone is unplugged when doing Samsung driver and plug in when told to in PDA net driver

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2

i dont know but guessing i would ask if you put the correct commands in the "path", i also saw where java needed to be in there so mine looks like this

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_02\bin\;C:\android-sdk\platform-tools;C:\android-sdk\tools

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
Start from step one and go through again worked for me. Make sure phone is unplugged when doing Samsung driver and plug in when told to in PDA net driver

Ok, thanks. They just restarted their computer to see if that would help. I'm thinking the drivers didnt get installed. They're tryng it again now. Guess we'll see.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
i dont know but guessing i would ask if you put the correct commands in the "path", i also saw where java needed to be in there so mine looks like this

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_02\bin\;C:\android-sdk\platform-tools;C:\android-sdk\tools

Thats what I was thinking too. They tried restarting their pc before we got to that. Probably try that next. Thanks bweN.

jleeusa

Reaction score
When the folder was unzipped and moved to root if c: make sure it's not still in a folder, buy fully unzipped to root. The path is screwy.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
Thats what I was thinking too. They tried restarting their pc before we got to that. Probably try that next. Thanks bweN.

np,
after 6 hours of trying to get the drivers working right the other day i found alot of information lol

hope that fixes the problem :)

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
When the folder was unzipped and moved to root if c: make sure it's not still in a folder, buy fully unzipped to root. The path is screwy.

When they type cd root, they get to the c:\root> prompt. So I think they have that part right.

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus

jleeusa

Reaction score
When they type cd root, they get to the c:\root> prompt. So I think they have that part right.

That's what was happening to me. You can change directories to root but that does not mean the folder is unzipped correctly. It's worth checking out. Just explore the hard drive.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
That's what was happening to me. You can change directories to root but that does not mean the folder is unzipped correctly. It's worth checking out. Just explore the hard drive.

OK. I removed that folder from my c drive & couldn't get back to it when I typed cd root. So I was thinking they had it right. Since there are people offering help, I may just get them to start posting here. Thanks guys

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
CJM is referring to me lol. I just started over from Step 1 to see if I can figure out where I am messing up or what I am missing :)