How to specify prefernce of WiFi networks?

ricks99

Reaction score
On my Motorola Droid, how can I set the order/preference for WiFi network connections?

For example, if I'm in range of multiple WiFi networks that I have saved, how can specify which ones (in order) to use?

Tx,

-R

stanrc

Reaction score
You may not be able to set priority, it will just connect to whichever has the strongest signal.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
I just double checked using my work's wifi and I could not find a way to select it as a default when others are around. Sorry. It looks for the strongest signal (if you sign into that server with a password, it will choose that one first, otherwise it goes to the strongest without a lock on it)

rtfield

Reaction score
Try wifi static apply in the market.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

athwds

Reaction score
The underlying Android Wi-Fi client implementation does allow an ordered network preference. It's just that the settings menu doesn't let you touch them. I'm selling this App on Android Market to let users edit it. Only $1.

Wi-Fi Priority Editor

humpfh

Reaction score
The underlying Android Wi-Fi client implementation does allow an ordered network preference. It's just that the settings menu doesn't let you touch them. I'm selling this App on Android Market to let users edit it. Only $1.

Wi-Fi Priority Editor

Fantastic idea, and maybe it's my device (Samsung Galaxy phone, Galaxy Tablet, both running 2.2), but...

this is not working for me. I have unlimited uncapped data on my phone and want to tether my tablet to my phone, and it's connecting to a clickwall access point that I *do not want* to connect to, no matter how many times I remove it.

A previous user had to uninstall and reinstall it, but when I tried that, it won't let me because my purchase was refunded (and the market hasn't caught up to that yet).

FANTASTIC idea...implementation needs a little bit of polishing. :(

athwds

Reaction score
There may be a couple of things wrong.

Do you have another app that changes network settings? You will have to disable or uninstall those.

Or perhaps your tablet didn't detect your phone's hotspot and so it didn't connect. If that is the case I can add a feature to continuously scan even after connecting. If you help me debug I'll refund your purchase.

Fantastic idea, and maybe it's my device (Samsung Galaxy phone, Galaxy Tablet, both running 2.2), but...

this is not working for me. I have unlimited uncapped data on my phone and want to tether my tablet to my phone, and it's connecting to a clickwall access point that I *do not want* to connect to, no matter how many times I remove it.

A previous user had to uninstall and reinstall it, but when I tried that, it won't let me because my purchase was refunded (and the market hasn't caught up to that yet).

FANTASTIC idea...implementation needs a little bit of polishing. :(