how to silence notification sounds

cauldeb

Reaction score
I do not want any sounds when notifications come through. How do I silence it? In settings the only options I have for notifications are different ringtones. I want silence on notifications but I do want the phone to ring with incoming phone calls. thanks.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
On the D1 the very first ringtone is silent. Scroll up and see if its the same on yours. Not sure why it would be different.

Sent from somewhere...

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
as stated "silence" is the first on the list of sounds. you can set the default phone notification in the sound settings. also make sure to set your messaging and email notifications to silent. those settings are located in the corresponding apps.

*DroidForums app DOES*

OP
C

cauldeb

Reaction score
Nope, no silence option on my X. the only way I can turn off the notification sound is to silence the whole phone. Must be a way and i am missing it.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you tried Ringo?

wified from my monolith using a slider keypad

cjriddle22

Reaction score
Nope, no silence option on my X. the only way I can turn off the notification sound is to silence the whole phone. Must be a way and i am missing it.

Settings > Sound > Volume > Uncheck incoming call volume for notifications

Then change the volume for notifications. I have yet to try this, but I think it should work.

You can still change the notification for texts, emails, etc, in their respective apps, but I think this will take care of all of them at once.

droidx1963

Reaction score
You must set each app individually. Email, text msgng. Its a pain but that's what you have to do.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
C

cauldeb

Reaction score
Thanks, 1963. I didn't even know I could do each one separately. Done!!!