App to one touch silence notification while SOUND IS ALREADY PLAYING.

Jambanc

Reaction score
I use ringdroid (it's free) and just shorten whatever I want that way u can take any little piece of any sound file songs or whatever and set it as a notification, alarm and ringtone I love this app u can get pretty creative wit it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

piquat

Reaction score
STILL no answer to this. Plenty of views leaves me thinking there is really no function for this?

Wow, just wow. That's one of the earliest features to the dumbest of cell phones.

I genuinely surprised.

I doubly shocked there isn't some app for this. There must be some problem doing this in an app, or it would have already been done.

Perfect opportunity for someone to make a buck.

Reaction score
no one is going to develop an app for this. i understand your notification sounds are your choice, but why have a whole song play for an mms? and again, if you are worried about or embarassed by you phone going off at work, turn off the sound. it's silly to think someone would go to the hassle of developing an app for a problem that doesn't have to exist in the first place.

Last edited:

piquat

Reaction score
https://market.android.com/details?id=br.com.eversource.shake2silence

Could be a conversation starter at the meeting if it takes longer than it should

I knew there had to be an app for this. Thanks!

it's silly to think someone would go to the hassle of developing an app for a problem that doesn't have to exist in the first place.

In my world, people aren't perfect, that's why this problem exists. Maybe you remember to put your phone into silent mode before every meeting. Wish I could, but I'm not perfect either.

Swat777

Reaction score
Just tried the shake2silence app for droid x. Didn't work. Anybody else have this problem?

N

Nickchapa

Touch to silence is another

duckchay

Reaction score
Try this app "silentmode on/off".
Worked great for me.

Jambanc

Reaction score
Funny thing is when ur phone starts ringing all u need 2 do is hit ur volume button once and it stops ringing. I found this on accident.

cueto

Reaction score
Its already been mentioned the volume buttons silencing the phone during a call....this whole thread is talking about silencing the phone during a notification!!!! such as email, text, IM, mms..... I too am flustered that you cant silent the X during a notification! I really would like to know of a solution!

Waiting........:icon_eek:

OP
Casen

Casen

Reaction score
Try this app "silentmode on/off".
Worked great for me.

The thread is for if you forget before hand

Sent from my DROIDX