How to share GPS location with others

thinkmega

Reaction score
I remember this feature was part of either latitude or google map. Yesterday when I looked it up and tried to use it, it was nowhere to be found.

Is it removed or moved to some other app? Anyone knows how this can be done?

Thanks.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Should be able to do it from Google Maps. Select where you are, click the bubble that pops up & there should be a "Send location to others" option.

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS

OP
T

thinkmega

Reaction score
I think that option has been removed in its latest update (4/25). Right now, I am left with three options: "Check in", "Location History" and "Location Settings". I don't know if the removal is an oversight, or intentional.

Should be able to do it from Google Maps. Select where you are, click the bubble that pops up & there should be a "Send location to others" option.

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
Same for me. Now when you click your little icon, it brings up a popup window with only Check In, Location History, and Location Settings. Maybe they figure that if a friend wants to know where you are, they'll have Latitude also and will just open up the app and see where you are.

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
I did notice if you tap the map and a location bubble comes up, tap the bubble. Scroll down a ways on the location page and you'll see a section for "More Actions", with a "Share this place" option. I think they just moved the share button way down there.

OP
T

thinkmega

Reaction score
Thank you! Indeed it can be brought up from that bubble. My phone doesn't always show me that bubble, that's why. But that is a separate problem. Feel relief that I don't have to download another app for this. Thanks again!