How to root a ICS Bionic?

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
How can I root my ICS Bionic? The one click method doesn't work. Thanks

OP
X

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
how do I use it? I ran run.bat but I get errors i have latest drivers and USB debug. Thanks

Last edited:

bleys

Reaction score
This method worked perfectly for me. Thanks

Same here as well. Also, I think I had mine plugged in in file explorer mode (or whatever it's called) and it worked. At least, I never selected anything and it worked like a charm on two different Bionics I had.

Thanks for the info!

Reaction score
I'm having issues to trying to root. It'll start and then stall before it even gets to rebooting. I'm getting frustrated, back when i did my Droid 1 i never had any issues. Been trying different possible fixes I've found, but still can't get it done. Made double sure I've got the latest drive from moto on my computer to.

bleys

Reaction score
I'm having issues to trying to root. It'll start and then stall before it even gets to rebooting. I'm getting frustrated, back when i did my Droid 1 i never had any issues. Been trying different possible fixes I've found, but still can't get it done. Made double sure I've got the latest drive from moto on my computer to.

When you go to System Settings>About Phone>Android Version

What do you see?

bleys

Reaction score

That's the version I used when I ran the script.

You may need to run the script in an administrative prompt. You also need to make sure that USB debugging is on, that your PC is actually seeing the phone and it could even depend on what version of windows your running. I didn't even need to open a command prompt.

Reaction score
bleys said:
That's the version I used when I ran the script.

You may need to run the script in an administrative prompt. You also need to make sure that USB debugging is on, that your PC is actually seeing the phone and it could even depend on what version of windows your running. I didn't even need to open a command prompt.

I know it's recognizing the phone. Both computers we have are windows 7. It would freeze at "daemon started successfully". I read a couple different walk thru's to make sure i want missing something to.