How to root a ICS Bionic?

Reaction score
Well a little looking around the net and device manager isn't recognizing it. When i plug it in to the computer it shows the phone as available drives though. I also did try go back one version of the drivers.

CaliEskimo

Reaction score
I was having the same problem. I uninstalled the motorola drivers that they have on their website and went with these slightly older drivers and it finally worked.

Download tools/Drivers/Motorola/MotorolaDeviceManager_2.2.28.exe at DownloadAndroidROM.com

Good Luck!

THANKS UGLYMOUSE...YOU ARE A LIFESAVER, BUDDY OLD PAL! Follow his instructions, its very simple and I promise rooting your ICS Bionic will work. Uninstall the all the drivers for Motorola phone (Backup Assistance Plus) and reinstall the drivers uglymouse has placed under his post and use razrs_edge_windows apk again and voila! Root!!!

CaliEskimo

Reaction score
I have to hand it to Verizon though, they know how to keep us DROID users down but with a little patience, elbow grease and dedication anything is possible! Now if somebody could tell me where to get the tools to unlock my Bionic to another service provider i would be in heaven!

Reaction score
Well guys i still can't get mine rooted. The only time i can get adb interface running is of i put the phone in ap fastboot. Otherwise it won't come up. I've watched the video on rooting and other than that everything starts a it should.

Reaction score
Got it rooted!!! Had to do a factory reset, which i wasn't looking forward to. But if fixed the issues, and I'm now rooted. Thanks for the help. I also he me reporting back can help someone else.

GirlieR2D2

Reaction score
Newbie here

I just followed the directions on how to root my phone.. I think it worked, but how can you tell.. Stupid question?

deduct

Reaction score
You can download a root only app from play store and see if it allows root permissions. Like titanium backup for instance.

-bionic eclipsed-