Rooted. Now What?

abraham3660

Reaction score
So I just rooted my droid bionic using the method for .905. Everything worked perfectly, and my phone is working fine. Im a little confused on what to do next. I want to run ICS, and I have heard that the .247 is the best build. Where can i download the .247 update? Do I need to download anything else before I install it? What have you done with your rooted bionic? Thank You for any help

OP
abraham3660

abraham3660

Reaction score
Ok I have read everything on this subject, and I am still really confused. Do I even have to be rooted for this? Can I install .247 if Im rooted or do I need to unroot?

jcwilliams

Reaction score
No you don't have to be rooted. Just place the zip on ext sdcard boot into stock recovery and flash.

Beaware of the security of 247 though.

OP
abraham3660

abraham3660

Reaction score
No you don't have to be rooted. Just place the zip on ext sdcard boot into stock recovery and flash.

Beaware of the security of 247 though.

By security do you mean how I cant go back below .232? I'm fine with that. Can I do the same method if I'm rooted? Because I really want to clear all this bloatware!

jcwilliams

Reaction score
Yea that's what i meant. There's no way to fxz back to stock to get on the ota path again.

Are you rooted currently?

jcwilliams

Reaction score
Your best bet is to use the hob. It's the link i sent you. You can try to install from sdcard as is but if it fails then you'll have to use the hob.

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
Hob will also give you the option of rooting on ICS, best of both worlds.

Sent from my CM 10 Jelly Bean Bionic