How to restore original TouchWiz homescreen after overwriting?

D_J

Reaction score
QQ....i just restored a backup (from SD using MyBackupPro) on my new GS4 i9502 and it wiped out the original TouchWiz homescreen (widgets, icons, etc - not the launcher). Is there anyway to restore it (i want to try the default layout for a bit and customize from there).

Thanks in advance for your help!! :biggrin:

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

Had something gone really wrong to cause you to need to do a restore, if yes, what? Whs it a total restore or a partial? It sounds like you may be rooted, is that the case?

OP
D

D_J

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome!

Welcome to the forum

Had something gone really wrong to cause you to need to do a restore, if yes, what? Whs it a total restore or a partial? It sounds like you may be rooted, is that the case?

Thanks for the helpful insights and prompt response.

The reason i did a restore is because I wanted to migrate all my apps, data, etc from my old android device to my new Galaxy s4 i9502 (purchased from China - the only place they sell this dual-sim version). After I did the restore, the original TouchWiz homescreen was replaced w/ a mess (due to device, screen, restrictions, differences, etc.) I soon thereafter had the phone rooted so that I could enable Google services (unique to China. anything Google - Play Store, Market, Accounts, etc, are all blocked)

Thanks again.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
It sounds as if you restored to much from dissimilar phones. But that's just a WAG

Not certain how to get you nack to the TouchWiz without starting over with a factory reset. Maybe someone else can provide more help.