How to create a minimal layout homescreen thread!

OP
Droid annoymous

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
Desktop visualizer makes everything easy.

o1ax2.jpg

You sir deserve a +1 dv makes everything so simple i dont know what id do without it

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

kookk

Reaction score
I've seen this in a lot of minimal layouts. How do you get this black square?

blue_with_purity_fs_by_wooks001-d3exp84.png

The one that looks like it's housing the apps?

OP
Droid annoymous

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
I've seen this in a lot of minimal layouts. How do you get this black square?

blue_with_purity_fs_by_wooks001-d3exp84.png

The one that looks like it's housing the apps?

Someone modified the wallpaper in photoshop

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

meteors

Reaction score
I'm confused with how to use Minimal Text... Whenever I try to use it for time, it looks like "sixFORTYfour" or something. But how do people use numbers and change the font?
example:
07_08_11_vibrance_by_madhoe-d45tu2g.png

[cr]

tbi88

Reaction score
I've made this thread to help people make more minimalistic homescreens. This may not be for everyone being some people don't care what their homescreens look like. For the people that do im here to help you out. I have seen alot of screenshots and notice lots of app clutter which is not necessary. Their are many apps simi folder widget being one can group your apps so you wont have all that clutter.

Things you want to avoid while trying to make a minimal homescreen is to avoid having things all over the place like i stated before. For example if you have your dialer app on your screen you dont need a contact widget when you can go into your dialer. You can go into contacts from your dialer.

Apps you will need is
minimalistic text
desktop vizualizer
fancy widget pro/beautiful widgets lpp+/adw ex
widgetlocker
Custom clock widget

With lpp you get alot of widgets to and you can download themes and icons from the market. The apps i listed are ones that i use as more people read this thread they may share more apps. There is a thread called minimalst's resource thread i believe and you can find nice stuff and also check out Screenshots of droid desktops. More tips you guys will need is when you see a screen you like ask the person who posted the image directly instead of quoting what he/she posted half the time you may or may not recieve a reply remeber to talk to these people when in need of help

mkcm97,spooon,dj carpenter and akleo101

These are some people you should keep in contact with. They will help you find icons and apps etc to help you get your dream layout heres some icons i use. Just google or check xda or deviant art there is actually a thread of over 1000 icons at xda that has all icons you could ever want. Anyways my favorite icons are aelous,purity fs and edious icons. My favorite fonts are walkway and cavier dreams i posted my past to recent screens to give you guys ideas,

Some final tips check deviant art alot for wallpapers and android blogs try to stay away from wallpapers of game covers or pictures of animals it ruins a minimal layout but your free to do as you please. Also dont be scared to imitate someones layout imitation is the most flattering thing to do :) And make sure to find nice themes that look good with what your trying to accomplish in your layout. And last but not least BE CREATIVE! try to think outside the box.

Feel free to post questions and comments here ill do my best to monitor this thread for people who need help hopefully ive helped people to accomplish a new look on their devices :)
aefdeb92-7102-9f1e.jpg

hey
i love that wallpaper. where did you get it? :D

tbi88

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Thank you for this.

Excellent writeup and definitely something I was looking for to change up my phone. Glad someone bumped this thread :)

Man getting this to look as good as the examples is alot of work...

Last edited:

brian5225

Reaction score
I love the screenshots with the clock that shows also the day of week highlighted (e.g. the one with the pic of l.a.). Which app was used for those clocks?