How to reset S3 counter the easy way?

ponchonutty

Reaction score
Alright. I rooted my phone for a while mainly to use free wifi but soon realized my cell coverage made it a pita to do it. So, I decided to go back to original since I keep getting the droid update error. I've got everything back to normal now but my counter shows 4 and I want to reset it. What's the best, easiest way to reset it? The ways I have seen it on the net I have to go back and re-root it again to get into Super User mode. Is there a way to reset this with out rooting again?????

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
after looking into this, it appears the only way is to root and use triangle away.
just google "reset flash counter without root" you will get plenty of confirmation.

OP
P

ponchonutty

Reaction score
Yeah I did that and figured out that's what I more than likely will have to do. I was just hoping there was an easier way! Guess I should have looked into that a little further before resetting everything. Now I will have to do that again!

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
practice builds confidence :)
but don't get too over confident, that builds bricks lol

OP
P

ponchonutty

Reaction score
LOL I hear ya. I probably will just leave it alone now. I am sure there's no warranty left anyways.

OP
P

ponchonutty

Reaction score
Well, I am trying to unroot my son's phone and when I get to start the process I get "MD5 hash value is invalid" then says "CWM-Recovery-LTE-SGS3-v5.tar...... is invalid. What do I need to do?

OP
P

ponchonutty

Reaction score
Sounds like a bad download

Yup. That was the problem. I thought I kept the file from when I flashed my phone but I guess not. I got another one downloaded and everything is fine.