With Root = Get rid of the Custom Unlock Boot Logo

KaChow

Reaction score
I thought I would throw this out there, certainly isn't anything new, but I finally decided to splurge for it. But anyhow, Chainfire has an app called [root] Triangle Away. Anyhow it is a paid app, costs $2.49, anyhow with the purchase and install, with the application installed. Go ahead and Grant Root as Root is required. Scroll down to the Flash Counter (this doesn't impact us as KNOX is disabled) find the "Reset flash counter" press the area to reset the Counter. Once the counter has been reset go ahead and reboot your device, pay attention and watch... There is no more "Custom Unlock" ever again. :icon_ lala:

See My pic for details... link for Chainfire's Triangle Away, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.triangleaway&hl=en

View attachment 67704

ripper2860

Reaction score
Kachow -- great to see you hanging out in the N3 forums!!

Well, this post is truly great news. Being a N3 noob, I would like you to confirm something for me, please ...

So I can root using ROOT De LaVega and run TraingleAway and KNOX will not be affected and the CUSTOM screen is bye-bye? I can flash away and not have the CUSTOM screen? No one will be the wiser that I have rooted my company phone?? :/

Thanks!!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
From the change log it looks like resets are not supported on the Note 3 yet.

View attachment 67749

You can fake the system status using Xposed Installer and the Wanam Xposed Module for free, won't help with resets on custom flashes though.

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
From the change log it looks like resets are not supported on the Note 3 yet.

View attachment 67749

You can fake the system status using Xposed Installer and the Wanam Xposed Module for free, won't help with resets on custom flashes though.

I read through the change log and decided to take a leap of faith as I own nearly half of Chainfire's Playstore. So, far the Triangle Away has gotten rid of the Custom Warning on boot up on the stock ROM, the HyperDrive, and the Deodexed ROM that I running presently as my DD. I'm happy enough not to see that annoying Unlock, until I can find a way to change the Boot Logo all together, which that's coming. Just taking some time to get familiar with the Samsung controls then the Motorola ones. :wink-b:

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
Kachow -- great to see you hanging out in the N3 forums!!

Well, this post is truly great news. Being a N3 noob, I would like you to confirm something for me, please ...

So I can root using ROOT De LaVega and run TraingleAway and KNOX will not be affected and the CUSTOM screen is bye-bye? I can flash away and not have the CUSTOM screen? No one will be the wiser that I have rooted my company phone?? :/

Thanks!!

It's good to see here, I gotta come work at your company so I can get one of these phones for my biz write off. If your still on the original version you can Root with De La Vega, if not and are on J7, it won't work. Have to go another route. Don't get too concerned about Knox, seems Verizon has issues with it, so what else is new. Triangle Away appears to work, which I'm not sure why, but needs to be reset after every new flash.

ripper2860

Reaction score
Dammit!! I took the update. I'll do some digging around and see what options I have available for Rooting. If you happen to have any links for my reading pleasure, I'll gladly take them!!

Thx!!