how to remove text message box that pops up on home screen?

d1beast

Reaction score
I have looked all through the settings and messaging settings and cannot figure out how to remove the box that automatically pops up when you receive a text message...any help?

pool_shark

Reaction score
I have looked all through the settings and messaging settings and cannot figure out how to remove the box that automatically pops up when you receive a text message...any help?

Are you using the messaging widget? If so, drag it to the trash bin.

If you don't want to see any notifications at all for text, then in the messaging settings and uncheck the notifications box.

OP
D

d1beast

Reaction score

Are you using the messaging widget? If so, drag it to the trash bin.

If you don't want to see any notifications at all for text, then in the messaging settings and uncheck the notifications box.

I'm not using the widget and I do want to have notifications for text messages, just only in the notification bar. Unlike the D1, every time I receive a text a message box appears on the homescreen and I want to cancel that box from appearing, however I see no option for it in any settings

Dragoro

Reaction score
Get Handcent off the market. Its free and one of the best apps out for android. You can go into its options and turn off the pop ups if you like. I beats the heck out of the stock messenger app.

OP
D

d1beast

Reaction score
I figured out the problem, it was a faulty messaging app. Thanks for the help I do appreciate it!