Please help with Droid 2 and Handcent app.

Vtach

Reaction score
First let me ask for forgiveness if I have started this thread in the wrong area. If this is in the wrong place, please feel free to move it where it needs to be. I did a search on the problems I am having but did not find anything definite.

I am new to the Droid 2 phone from many suggestions I downloaded the Handcent app. for my messaging but I'm having some issues. I have went through the settings several times but can't figure out my answers. I also looked on the Handcent website but could not find what I was looking for. I have several questions so please bare with me.

#1. How can I make the date and time show up with each individual text I send and receive?

#2. At the bottom of the screen where I type my message for a text it reads the number of messages sent ex. (2 messages sent). Is there anyway I can remove this?

#3. When my phone is at rest (black screen) and I receive a text a window pops up with the txt and an option to respond. Can I remove this so only my LED light will flash and the notification sound will go off and the screen not pop up?

I'm sorry for making this so long and asking so many questions. Please forgive me ignorance. Any responses would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you very much for your help.

phartwig

Reaction score
Not sure about 1. But the pop up can be shut off in settings under notification as the message counter can be taken off as well. Look at all the settings in the menus and see what all it can do for ya. Its a great app

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Moved to the Droid 2 general discussion section.

_Killer_

Reaction score
Yeah, in the notifications settings there is an option to enable or disable "pop up"

As far as the date and time showing.. Honestly i'm not sure.. Mine seems to show date and time on every message UNLESS that message was sent/received within a minute of the last message sent/received.. and as stated there is also the option to turn off the message counter under "send message settings"